• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Matkins Frames

jeepman2

Basic User
Is it only me or are the Matkins Frame people poor
bussiness people. There frame is great but dealing with them isn't. They have no 800 number are slow slow slow on delivery and don't even include a packing list or invoice. Has anybody else had any dealing with them..... Maybe it's was just one bad deal out of many good one. Just interested in someone elses views...

CJ8R

CJ8 Owner
City
Laramie
State
WY
Frames

I have never dealt with Matkins before so I can't give an opinion on them. Although I've met and gone 4wheeling with the owner and operators of Advanced Frame Works who are also out of Montana. Jared is a super nice guy and he is just like you or I except he owns a frame building company...super nice guy to say the least. His right hand man Jeremy is a great guy as well. I'd gladly buy a frame them just because they are such good people to deal with and they also make an excellant product.

NnF0

Basic User
City
Boston Area
State
MA
:cool:

I will put in my OK on AFW too.

Jared is easy to talk to and has some great ideas.

I own one of their frames and they added a few extras that look good, time will tell how they work. Their welding is first class and all of their add ons are heavy duty.

BUT, they are slow too, slow in responding and slow on delivery.

Again, BUT I wouldn't trade off the work they did just for a little time loss.

Luck Dude,

ScramblerPat

Basic User
I too thought Matkins was unresponsive. I actually spoke to them about the issues that I had and received a satisfactory resolution. It is a small shop and they don't carry Cj-8 frame in stock. The big thing to remember when you call is when they start making it. Plus or minus a few days. During a build up we usually wait until we need it then order it and pray for fast delivery. They need the entire 6-8,9, 10 weeks to get it done. I can't say they gave a warm fuzzy, but knowing what I know now I would do it again. I would just be positive about what I wanted and give plenty of time.