• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

leaf pack question

T

taildragger

i just purchased a camper shell for my scrambler and am now seriously thinking about putting more springs in the rear pack, the camper weighs 450+ lbs and i decided with that much extra weight i should consider something like a 8 pack rear leaf spring set up, just curious if people have done this before and if i should go ahead and have my springs re arched while the're off

M

mulescj8

Do you have any lift in jeep?I may have just what you need.Iv'e got a set of 2" lift springs/tuffy heavy duty springs,they ride like a tank with no weight on them.
JC Oliver

T

taildragger

i have a sky jacker soft ride 2.5in spring lift with an soa on the jeep

M

Manifold

Factory spring packs

The largest spring pack that was offered on the rear from the factory had seven leafs in it.

I'd look around for a spring shop and have a set made. A good shop can calculate in the extra weight of your cap and take into consideration the mods you've made.

M

mulescj8

Re: Factory spring packs

skyjacker makes an add a leaf kit,but doesn't advertise it.
It may be all you need to offset the added weight.still have those springs!

JC Oliver

T

taildragger

if i put an add leaf into my pack would i need to change my pinion angles, i have a cv driveshaft on the rear (30 degree i believe) and just a regular driveshaft up front and my front axle has been pulled forward an inch or so