• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

MPI Differences/Years? What Parts?

J

jmarkel

I am thinking of MPI for my scrambler. I know of a good place to get a setup out of a vehicle, but I am not sure of what exactly needs to be pulled from the donor. The Donor will most likely be a 90 or earlier cherokee as the yard I frequent has about 8 of these fully intact. I want to know first if this will work on my scramber, and if yes, what parts do I need to pull from the setup? I have done a 4.0 head conversion, so i am sure that it will be a bit easier getting some stuff aligned up???? any help is appreciated!

F

firetruck41

I think you need 91 or newer..

I am new to Jeeps myself but I think you need a 1991 or newer donor to get the MPFI, the older 4.0 are not HO and I think they had a french? fuel injection system, you don't want this. You want to get the Mopar multi-port FI instead. I'm not sure what all the parts you need are.

Ben

B

Beccobaby

I just put a Mopar MPI kit on my 81 Scrambler. I got it from 4wd.com. It is the same as a 1994 4.0 liter, and it fit on my 4.2 liter or 258 ci. motor. It comes with the manifold, distributer, coil, fuel lines hard and soft, charcoal canister, fuel pump and filter, computer brain and wire harness, oxygen sensor, vibration dampner(sold seperately)must have, sensor to read vibration dampner, thermostat housing and 195 thermostat, map sensor. I think that was about it. The kit was about $2,200 and about 25 hours to install. But it was well worth it. My smog dog Jeep must have picked up about 50 hp. And thats no lie. Good luck with your Jeep. You can get a free catolog from 4wd.com.