• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

When is the San Juan Scramble?

I

ibscrmbln

I know it has been posted but the search facility does not come up with it for me.

Please update the Calendar of Events for this year.

Thanks, Ken.

CJATE

R-u-n-n O-f-t
City
NAPOLEONVILLE
State
LA
Ken:
I don't know if you saw Danno reply to your question in the "old" forum but he said the 19th, 20th, and 21st of July. I will try to go and, of course, I will try to urge Terry to ride with me if neither of his two Scramblers are ready. Are you going to bring that Coast Guard Wrangler with you this year?
Tim

ibscrmbln

Ken Waters
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Topeka
State
KS
John and I have also been talking about going to the SWFWDA event at Fairplay on 8/1, 2, & 3 and I do not think I can make it to both events. I am trying to choose which one. My wife is kind of interested in going to CO this year and she really enjoys the Silverton area. I need to be making up my mind because she is not a camper and I need to be making reservations.

Does Terry now own two Scramblers? Did he get rid of the CJ5? Or did he get the overheating problem fixed?

Ken

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Correct....

The dates that Tim entered are correct Ken. It would be cool if you brought the wife, I'm bringing my wife and daughter this year. I had a blast last year but its not the same trailing alone than if you have some one riding along. Your right about the resevations Ken, I made mine long ago and JC got squared away a few weeks ago and at the time the Red Mountain Inn only had two rooms left. I'd be glad to give you thier PH. number if you'd like.

Tim be good to see you and Terry again. Doesnt Terry have that White Scrambler from last year still? It was a nice one. In any event look forward to seeing every one again.

Last edited:

CJATE

R-u-n-n O-f-t
City
NAPOLEONVILLE
State
LA
Ken:
Terry has a "Long Term Project" Scrambler (Red) that may or may not be trailworthy for some time (read: many years) and his son traded his Scrambler (Brown) for Terrys' Commanche, although this trade may be temporary. I don't think the Brown one is that far from being trailworthy, but Terry has more projects than sanity would dictate. The CJ5 still has overheating problems but keeps on ticking. I hope Terry chimes in here soon. I also hope you and John are able to attend.
Danno:
You have my name (Tim) and Terrys transposed: I'm the good looking one with the white Scrambler, Terry was my ugly passenger last year. I made a few changes to my Scrambler because of the rainy day we spent on the last obstacle of Pougkeepsie last year, I've lifted the suspension another inch and lifted the skidplate 2 or so inches. I haven't had the resources to inject it yet, maybe soon though. I am anxious to see all the changes you've made to yours. I remember the bone stock (pristine) condition it was in. I look forward to seeing everybody too.

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Tim

Yes I was a little confused with that. I'm glad you cleared that up for me, I've been referring to you as Terry for almost a year now...lol.

As for my changes, I'd be willing to bet that if there was a most changed award at this year’s event I'd get it. One thing is still the same, remember that very first ding my Scrambler took on Poughkeepsie, well its still there. Like a trophy....lol.

If you can get the resources to do the fuel injection go the little extra and do the 4.0L with MPI, I did and still do not look back. The whole demeanor is night and day.

Any way I still appreciate your help and input on the trail last year. Your right, it will be very good to see every one.

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
I'll be there,can't wait-JC:p

trust

PITA
City
White Rock
State
NM
SJ Scramble

Ken
I still have the CJ5, doesn't appear to overheat these days, at least it didn't while in Moab last month. Hope to move it out though and soon.

I have two Scramblers at home, one is my son's though I've done the work and he's moved on. So I'm undoing his damage and could be using it. The other one is one that Tim and I rescued from a vacant lot where it sat abandonded for almost a year. It now runs and is more or less drivable but is very hard to look at. Once the CJ5 goes I'll finish up the boy's and start on the other one.

tr