• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

How does the ST half soft top connect.

Y

YJason

I am in the market for a new half soft top for summer. Considering Specialty Tops(old K Line) is the only ones making replacement half soft tops anymore, I guess that they are who I am going with. Does anyone have one of the new tops, after the company changeover? How does the Fasttrac design attach?

Jason

J

JL in CA

Fast Track

The fast tracks attach with a rail that's mounted to the body. The top has a plastic piece sewn onto the bottom of the top that locks under the rail. I have the tonneu cover and its great but I wonder how the fast track 1/2 softtop attaches WITH the tonneu cover as the tonneu cover uses a track on the bulkhead (I have a half soft top w/ snaps). Seems like it would be hard to get the tops track down under the rail with the tonneu there. Anyone have this set-up?

L

LumpyPaint

Hey JL,

I have a few questions about the duster that you have. . .

How well does it seal around the roll bar?

Can you use the wood rails with this cover?

If possible, I will probably get one. . .

Thanks,

Justin Cardones

J

JL in CA

"Duster"

Unfortunately, it doesn't fit around wood siderails. It could be easily modified to do so though. Just mark it out and it probably wouldn’t cost you 50 bucks cash through the back door of your local upholstery shop.

It seals around the roll bar with rubber gaskets. I've found that in a very hard rain, things will get damp. I've wrapped something around the roll bar just above the holes (bungy cords) to prevent water from running down the bar into the holes and it seals up pretty good. It doesn't see much rain as I live in So. California but this helps. If I needed to, I'm sure I could waterproof those spots better.

L

LumpyPaint

Cool,

Thanks for the info. . .another thing added to the 'to do' list.

Regards,

Justin Cardones