• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Exhaust Pipe Support Bracket

T

texas85cj8

Apparently there is a bracket that bolts on to the side of the transmission and supports the exhaust pipe. Does anyone know what this bracket looks like, or where I can get one?

V

VinnyM

According to the exhust book I have looked at....there is no bracket there, at least there is none for the mine (1981).

Good Luck.

Vinny

N

nipeej

I bought my CJ8 new in 1981 and it did have a support bracket.
It was part of the transsmition mount (the steel piece that the rubber mount bolts to) and it had two prongs that went into two holes of a plate that was welded to the exhaust pipe. Its hard to explain, but if I could draw a picture it would be clear.

Rick Benelli

D

Dwain

My '82 had that same little goomer apparently. It is definately made as part of the tranny mount. At some point, someone took a victor wrench to it and cut it off. Now there is only 1 prong. I don't think it will be a big deal for my exhaust guy to put a system on without it. If you would like, I'll email you a photo of what I have - Dwain