Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.
This made me remember the first time I did this, I pulled the stock "cap", removed the gear, cleaned the cap, packed it full of JB Weld and reinstalled. That AA kit looks super clean though, I didn't know it existed.
I have no expertise to lend here but very jealous of getting the top situated properly. Mine has lots of small issues like this that add up to a massive amount of work to do right. Sadly, I don’t really ever see me getting into it. :shrug:
If I had it all to redo, I would have done this to a WT axle rather than using the NT and outboarding. Mine works and has never had a problem other than dialing out a little bit of steering to keep the tires off the springs, but that's a better solution overall.