• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

100 questions

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
SOA Member
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
I wish I still had the magazine. I always leave my magazines at work for the next guy to read when I'm done with them. Should have thought of sharing it here at the time....... sorry.

Interceptor

My toy of joy
City
Galivants Ferry
State
SC
Question 1: fixed
Bit the bullet and ordered the new "window regulator grommets" from Ebay. Not cheap. Will order two more for other door, cause it probably ready to good too.

I attached photo just in case anybody wanted to check out repair20210913_105203.jpg. 5 minutes for repair.

Interceptor

My toy of joy
City
Galivants Ferry
State
SC
Question 14:
What's missing and what am I looking for?
I know the photos may be hard to read, basically I think I'm missing a seat track? I have a seat, and I have the tree mounts. I think there must be a way to adjust forward and backward.
Currently the seat is laid in place, not bolted down.
20210920_094843.jpg

Interceptor

My toy of joy
City
Galivants Ferry
State
SC
Question 15:
My vent glass is stationary, I have no AC. 20210920_095215.jpg
Are the moveable vent glasses able to twist enough to get air into cabin like the old cars to help in summer time driving?

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
Question 14:
What's missing and what am I looking for?
I know the photos may be hard to read, basically I think I'm missing a seat track? I have a seat, and I have the tree mounts. I think there must be a way to adjust forward and backward.
Currently the seat is laid in place, not bolted down.

Yes, the driver's seat should have a slider. I like the Bestop style better than the oem style: https://www.amazon.com/Bestop-51255-01-Single-1976-1995-Wrangler/dp/B0002SA244

Last edited:

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
Question 15:
My vent glass is stationary, I have no AC. View attachment 97236
Are the moveable vent glasses able to twist enough to get air into cabin like the old cars to help in summer time driving?

The best bang for your buck here would be a sliding rear window for your half cab: https://gr8tops.com/shop/jeepmodels/scrambler-cj-8/cj-8-half-hardtop-replacement-slider-window

When I first got my Scrambler, I figured I'd take the top off every summer and run a bikini top. Then I installed a sliding rear window, gave away the bikini top, and I haven't driven with the top off in six years!

Interceptor

My toy of joy
City
Galivants Ferry
State
SC
The best bang for your buck here would be a sliding rear window for your half cab: https://gr8tops.com/shop/jeepmodels/scrambler-cj-8/cj-8-half-hardtop-replacement-slider-window

When I first got my Scrambler, I figured I'd take the top off every summer and run a bikini top. Then I installed a sliding rear window, gave away the bikini top, and I haven't driven with the top off in six years!
About the same price as vents too. Do the windows rattle with age.

Also not a topless man, I'm concerned plastic top will generate heat, do they?
I was thinking of adhering some sort of heat insulator of inside of top, if I could do it professionally looking. Since not driving, don't know

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
About the same price as vents too...
... and a lot less work! 😉
Do the windows rattle with age?
Mine are still tight. I suppose the fuzzy tracks will wear out eventually, but it'll take a while.
I'm concerned plastic top will generate heat, do they?
It's not too bad. Mine is painted dark brown, so it probably soaks in a little more heat than white or tan would, but it's nowhere near as hot as a metal top would be.
I was thinking of adhering some sort of heat insulator of inside of top, if I could do it professionally looking.
I'm not sure a headliner would make much difference heat-wise. I don't think I've ever seen one in a fiberglass CJ top. It might help with road noise though, and that alone could make it worthwhile!

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
"Also not a topless man, I'm concerned plastic top will generate heat, do they?
I was thinking of adhering some sort of heat insulator of inside of top, if I could do it professionally looking. Since not driving, don't know"

Paint a white square on top makes a lot of difference. Just start where the roll flattens out on top if you are lifted any most of the time you can't see it just standing by it. Mine is a full top but you can get the idea.DSC03618.jpgresized.jpg20191005_080812.jpgresized.jpg

"The best bang for your buck here would be a sliding rear window for your half cab: https://gr8tops.com/shop/jeepmodels/scrambler-cj-8/cj-8-half-hardtop-replacement-slider-window"

That and the sliding window would make a big difference.

Living in the sunny southwest it does help a lot. 3 out four of my Jeeps have the white square and at least 4 other Jeepers I know have done it to theirs.

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
SOA Member
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
I'm pretty partial to vent windows in addition to the side and white square.

In Santa Fe with a white roof (aka New Mexico Air Conditioning) and vent windows i never turned my air con on.

Vents can also be easily installed if you can find them BUT if your rig is not a factory vent window rig you may not have the vent window dash. You'll need this type of dash to be able to open your vents and i can't see whether yours is or not.

Attachments

• 16321625282384476832410928467734.jpg
    16321625282384476832410928467734.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 6

Interceptor

My toy of joy
City
Galivants Ferry
State
SC
I remembered there was a seat in the bed when I purchased. Found it, and has track.
Orginal seat perhaps. Well the seat inside cab has two broken off rear attaching bolts. Going to try and "shade tree" with screws.
The old seat... no value? Ok to discard? Photo attached. 20210920_165244.jpg

Interceptor

My toy of joy
City
Galivants Ferry
State
SC
I'm pretty partial to vent windows in addition to the side and white square.

In Santa Fe with a white roof (aka New Mexico Air Conditioning) and vent windows i never turned my air con on.

Vents can also be easily installed if you can find them BUT if your rig is not a factory vent window rig you may not have the vent window dash. You'll need this type of dash to be able to open your vents and i can't see whether yours is or not.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. No mine is base and would not work

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
I remembered there was a seat in the bed when I purchased. Found it, and has track.
Orginal seat perhaps. Well the seat inside cab has two broken off rear attaching bolts. Going to try and "shade tree" with screws.
The old seat... no value? Ok to discard? Photo attached.

If the old frame is good, someone will want it. Look at it closely before throwing it away.

Actually, if the old seat frame is better than the one inside the cab, maybe you can put the newer seat covers on the old frame and padding.

Interceptor

My toy of joy
City
Galivants Ferry
State
SC
If the old frame is good, someone will want it. Look at it closely before throwing it away.

Actually, if the old seat frame is better than the one inside the cab, maybe you can put the newer seat covers on the old frame and padding.
Yes it only has one bolt stuck, broke off at head and could be worked out.

Interceptor

My toy of joy
City
Galivants Ferry
State
SC
Yes! I'm so excited to have a good foundation.

If you have other parts I might be interested in let be know, OD GM 700r4 trans, transferr case, wide axels, late model springs, V8 radiator, powerbrake set up, just to name a few