12th Annual Colorado Scramble

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
The 12th will be in the small town of Fairplay, CO. There are a couple different main lodging places. You have the Valiton Hotel were we are booked and the Riverside Inn Hotel.

http://www.stayfairplay.com for the Valiton
AND
http://www.riversidefairplay.com for the Riverside

There are camping options and bed and breakfast options as well you just have to search for them in the area. As well I found a couple Cabins for rent but they are a tad pricey for me ;-).

I'd make reservations soon as mentioned this is a small town. We have never been here for the Scramble which is why I chose it and will run three trails that we have not run before as well.

In no certain order we will run Wheeler Lake, Twin Cone and Breakneck and Browns Passes. Maybe even go up Mosquito Pass from that side.

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
There is a good sized Sinclair gas station on Hwy 285 that has a large dirt lot next to it and that is where we will meet each morning at 8AM.

breckwrecking

Narrow Tracker
City
Kittery
State
ME
Jefferson lake has some good camping, thats not too far away from fairplay. There are also some good spots up the south side of georgia pass that are nice and woody. Lots of spots down around fairplay.

breckwrecking

Narrow Tracker
City
Kittery
State
ME
Unfortunantly a couple months ago I moved back east and now reside in southern maine. Need to find some local scramblers around this area now. Still waiting to have the 8 shipped back here. Im jealous, should be a good scramble this year.

PAPPYWAHO

Enjoying Retirement
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Thae Adams family and Ken Waters have rented a Cabin and will attend the 12th Annual Colorado Scramble. Arriving on July 20th.

City
Pueblo
State
CO
That sounds like fun you can hopefully count the King family in as well, (need to check with the Wife, 25th is our Anniversary!). Dogs welcome?

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Sure dogs are welcome... Just ask for them to be on a leash at all times (especially at obstacles) and in your rig while we are moving please. We bring ours and so do Todd & Linda.

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
For those of you that were in Leadville... If you remember Jack, the fellow in the wheel chair - He is coming back to join us again in Fairplay, look forward to seeing him again.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
We just passed through there Saturday! We were taking 285 from Denver to Breckenridge. Amazingly beautiful, anyone coming from the east, be sure to take 285 from Denver vs I70.

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection ~ Uh I mean direction... Good call Eric, not to mentio0n that its a prettier drive in general :-)... But for sure the long cut going to Moab, by a long shot.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Amazing drive. A friend who rides motorcycles turned me onto it as an alternative and I'm glad she did. y'all are going to have an awesome time. :headbang:

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Just got vacation approved for the 24th and 25th (couldn't swing the 23rd). See you then :D