Jambo

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
Found a thread for transport of a 'fleet' of 13 Scramblers to Reno, Nevada, as well as this follow-up posting on Craigslist... "Presentable" Yikes!

http://tucson.craigslist.org/lab/2714245120.html

**" Contract Job for restoration paint body work on 13 CJ8 Jeep Scramblers (Tucson)

Date: 2011-11-30, 11:38AM MST
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am looking for a skilled autobody repair technician or an automotive frame repair techician or a technician that does both frame and body work. Must be skilled and experienced.

This is a contract job for repairs, restoration, painting, and other work required to get a fleet of about 13 1980's CJ8 Jeep Scramblers looking presentable for resale. Contractor will be responsible for all their own equipment. We do not require a full restoration.

If you require more information in order to make a bid on this job please give me a call.

We require a diligent and efficient worker who can work well under deadlines. " **

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
After hiring someone to do all the work (which sounds like a lot of frame and body work) the price is gonna be astronomical to make any money on them!

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Thats is the most interesting, scratch your head, CL post ever....for us Scrambler peeps anyway! :cool:

Hey if these 8s are from Tucson or anywhere down there in the SW then I would hope they are at least without any major rust not requiring what this guy is asking for....?

Someone please call that guy and report back ;)

Jambo

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
I missed the original transport request, so have no idea where they came from. But there was one. You can see the remnant here....

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Interesting...makes it sound like a company that had a fleet of CJ8's that they were selling off and this guy bought them all?? Why would a guy buy them all with no way to transport them and no skills/tools to work on them? Strange.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I just keep hearing "more money than brains" on this one in my head.
I agree, why would you buy 13 Scramblers with no way to move/work on them.
That is where the $$$ part comes in.

However, it could be a collection he inherited and now has to sell it off... not sure.

Either way, it will be interesting to see what comes of this.

cb

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Maybe they're makin' a movie!! (explains large qty and the fact that "full restoration" isn't required)

scrambler228

Legacy Registered User
City
council bluffs
State
ia
13 jeep scramblers

Hi could also be a group of scramblers from a state or fed park,,, a number of years ago when the wife and i were out west we came into a park while on vac and the rangers were all driving cj8 scrambler .....

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Try for more glass half full.

Jeep marketing execs have decided to restore a scram in each model year and trim level with a modern scram conversion copy of the theme for a week long 26 scrambler party to cross the rubicon trail!!

Jambo

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
It says "for resale", not for use in a movie. Still, the idea of patching, painting and flipping is sad.

City
White Rock
State
NM
given the amount of information in the ad there is no way one could make a bid on the work that was in any way reasonable. Is anyone going to followup on this? I am going to try and query him on the transportation job to see if it has to be a one shot all at once deal and from where to where.

Update - I couldnt find the original CL post for the transportation does anyone have it or do you know if the phone number is the same as the original post?

Last edited: