1981 door panel colors

craveman85

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dolgeville
State
ny
Did the interior door panels come in all I'd the interior colors?I don't think I've ever seen any that match the beige seats in my 81. I've only seen what looks like nutmeg, black, blue and maybe garnet. Were there other colors or would nutmeg be the right one?

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Did the interior door panels come in all I'd the interior colors?I don't think I've ever seen any that match the beige seats in my 81. I've only seen what looks like nutmeg, black, blue and maybe garnet. Were there other colors or would nutmeg be the right one?
The beige (almost white) color seats were a base model option. They have the embossed CJ on them? IIRC they came with black door inserts and black dash pad. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think they made CJ door cards in that color. Kind of weird because they made FSJ panels in that color. :shrug:

craveman85

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dolgeville
State
ny
They're not embossed. I got it with nutmeg panels and dash pad but I wasn't sure if it would have had beige ones. A mouse got into my drivers panel so I'm going to need another one now.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Josh is correct that we didn't get beige colored door panels on the CJs. If you post up some pics we can probably help further it's possible you may have faded seats or maybe even had later honey ones swapped in by a PO.

craveman85

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dolgeville
State
ny
My interior code was for beige. The divers seat was about 60% duct tape but when I get a chance I'll get a pic of the passenger one. Too much snow in front of the shed right now.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Are your seats lowback, if so I think we have it figured out now. They did offer beige colored seats in lowback intitally without CJ embossed and then went to the later highbacks with CJ embossed. IIRC one of the dealer brochures shows a base model red one with no top on it and low back beige seats in it ...