Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
The lightbar is attached to the side of the windshield frame towards the top. You can see the holes in the photo. The larger middle hole is for the wires and the other two mount the bracket. Looking at every Jambo on the registry, it's been a while, I only recall about 3 or 4 jambos outfitted or at least still having the lightbar and winch mounted. Both the lightbar and winch set up were available for a CJ, not just jambos back then. The lightbar seems to be more rare than the winch set up today.

I read where all jambos came stock with 2:73 gears. Clearly not the case from the postings here.

cjrabbits

Legacy Registered User
City
Cullman
State
al
Jambo

I owned #0156 a few years back,...5spd ,don't remember on the ratio,soft topw/soft doors,pretty much all stock and very nice shape.

kgt0001

Jeep Restorer
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
San Antonio
State
TX
I owned #104- it had 27K miles on it. bought it for $3800 from the original owner. Sold it to Austin Jeeps.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Did more clean up work on the interior today. At first I played around with a few different style tops I have causing me to run out of daylight on the more inmportant stuff later .:banghead:

Whitco soft top and doors. The side snaps are not snapped. It was to cold to waste more time trying to stretch the top just to pull it right off.

Full length bimini top. Longer than the bikini top. Basically covers the rear passenger also.

A few random and some before and after style.

Here are the two factory Jamboree colors. Olympic white and Topaz gold. Both are factory paint Jamboree cowl covers.

Here are the seats that I am tinkering with. The seat on the right is my factory Jambo seat. The left seat is a NOS top and used bottom. I am creating two front seats for certain. I haven't put much thought into the rear seat yet.

I am still amazed at the condition of this West Coast jeep. I am actually glad that that nobody took the time to keep this rare Jeep up. It isn't taking much work and I enjoy bringing it back. Once I pulled the roll bar there was some surface rust under the mounts that I cleaned right off.

My plan is to finish cleaning the outside next, wax it up and start reinstalling what was taken off.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I was able to get the pass side looking better and start reassembly. I am very pleased with the way it turned out. I haven't really cleaned it up yet but I need to get it back together as I am under a timeline for something else and need the room. I took the dash apart to clean and polish it as well. I still need to finish putting things back on, complete the wiring for the aux lights, adjust and tighten the brushguard, and it'l be ready to roll. I think its coming out great so far.

Last edited:

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
It looks incredible:drool::drool::drool:

Now, hurry up and get it back together so we can test it out in the mud at Catahoula/Sicily Island ORV park, it's just right up the road:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::rotfl:

SKT

Legacy Registered User
City
APO
State
AE
I spent a few minutes today waxing the driver's side of the hood and front fender.

Wow! what a difference.
What process did you use to get the paint to shine like that?

Curious if you used a clay bar, cutting compound, etc.?

BTW - like so many other here have said, Imvery jealous of this Jambo!

Where did you find it? Was it advertised for sale, or did you stumble upon it? I don't like to ask how much folks paid for a CJ, but this one is really peaking my curiosity...:D

Again, great purchase and approach on refurbishing this fine Jamboree!

:cheers:

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
What process did you use to get the paint to shine like that?

Curious if you used a clay bar, cutting compound, etc.?

BTW - like so many other here have said, Imvery jealous of this Jambo!

Where did you find it? Was it advertised for sale, or did you stumble upon it? I don't like to ask how much folks paid for a CJ, but this one is really peaking my curiosity...:D

Again, great purchase and approach on refurbishing this fine Jamboree!

:cheers:

Thanks for the compliment. I use and used Meguiar's compound paste first and wax later. I used a buffing machine that left my arms numb and head ringing for an hour after I was done. It took some time. Wasn't just a quick buff and shine.