• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

1982 CJ7 Jamboree Olympic White

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
This is number 627. I'll try and keep it as stock as possible.

Photobucket keeps crashing on me so, I will add more photos later.

Here is the bad boy that delivered it. Custom built. 1 of 3 in existance. Air conditioned.
0301-1.jpg

0311-1.jpg

0321-1.jpg

I had to correct the accessories.
0381-1.jpg

Pass side left facing the everyday Texas sun.
0371-1.jpg

It's really filthy with dust, dirt and leaves from being left outside, uncovered.
0391-1.jpg

After a quick sweep. The whole jeep should clean up nice.
0401-1.jpg

Last edited:

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Looks much better without the top on it, looks good:cheers:

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Awesome! What are your plans, full rebuild/repaint or just clean up and drive?

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Looks much better without the top on it, looks good:cheers:

Agreed. The top is an aftermarket ACME brand like alot of the scramblers have. Not as common as the Scrambler version since many CJ7's came with a factory hard top. It also has the ACME matching doors. They have a window on the top and bottom sort of like the factory soft doors. The top and doors will probably end up in the top "bone yard" with the others.

Awesome! What are your plans, full rebuild/repaint or just clean up and drive?

Basically,

Olympic White "Origional Paint refresh with NOS" :thumbsup:

Going to clean it up and drive it. Right off the bat the rear axle is spun so it doesn't move in
2wd. Its funny how the PO missed that :angry:. I'm ordering moser one piece axles to put in. Winch works great. Going to rewire all accessory lighting. Even the clock still works..Maybe some OME 2.5. Put CB back in. Other than that it still has all accessories, I believe. I have the tire cover.
Seats are shot. Runs great. Just needs to be cleaned. It has been neglected way to long. Should be a fun project. :fingerscrossed:

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
White Jambo

Definately a rare super nice Jeep.

Way cooler than any Laredo or GE.

U probably already got a 6" buffer.... buy the 3"

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I threw on some chrome 8" wheels that I picked up from a member on here. The tires are smaller and need air.

I kinda like the look of the white wheels. Anyone know if all Jamborees came with factory chrome 7"?

113-1.jpg

114-1.jpg

kgt0001

Jeep Restorer
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
San Antonio
State
TX
All had the chrome wheels.
Nice find!

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
"""Way cooler than any Laredo or GE"""
WHAT !,let's not get crazy !!

Very nice jeep , congrats !!
Could not be in better hands !!

Jambo

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
Nice rig! I'm somewhat jealous. (OK. I'm pretty damn jealous I had to look for all that stuff and yours came with it....)

From what I've been able to research over the past year, all had 15 x 7 chrome rims, although I have seen one other white Jambo with white rims (nice look, I've always thought). And with a set of Limited chrome beauty rings, i think the white rims with chrome covers would look amazing.

I'm personally putting chrome on both my gold and my Olympic white Jambos. S et of 15 x 8's on the topaz and a set of original 15 x 7's on the white. Or maybe vice versa. I plan on driving the white and restoring the topaz.

- D

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I must have missed this thread....very nice! I Love the rare stuff...

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Looks like "Jeep Addict" was a good boy this year, but Santa Clause dropped off one of his presents to my office instead of his:thumbsup:

001-5.jpg

002-6.jpg

I am going assemble his axles at our shop. I have some spare brake backing plates that I had a buddy sand blast and repaint, so I can fully assemble the axles here. Then, next time I had over to Baton Rouge, it should be a fairly simple axle swap, except for the pain in the butt drum brakes:banghead:

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Sweet!

I pulled the winch, lightbar and interior. So far I have been cosmetically cleaning. Its coming out nice and I am very impressed with the condition of a California Jeep. The time it spent in Texas did it no harm either.

I gave it a quick bath the other day in between rain storms and took some pics today.

003-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

Last edited:

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Yes...
Over the weekend I had a chance to install the new moser one piece axles and throw some bigger tires on. Also reinstalled the brushguard and winch

In the air
0029-1.jpg

Old axles
00112-1.jpg

This small piece was inside the rear chunk and had to be removed in order to get the new axles installed
0037-1.jpg

31" tires and winch reinstalled. I cleaned up the brushguard as well. I think the larger tires look much better.
0055-1.jpg

0073-1.jpg

0063-1.jpg

Last edited:

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Looking good! Some fender flares and rocker moulding would go a long way to help it look more complete!

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I removed most items mounted to the exterior of the Jeep. Turn signals, brackets, etc.

I spent about an hour today washing the jeep again with a little more detail. The wheelwells came out really clean. I also started on the pass floor which also came out looking nice for original paint.

I plan on giving it a good waxing before I put everything back on. I'll have to figure out something else for the pass side. There is no hope reviving that side.

0011-1.jpg

0021-1.jpg

0031-1.jpg

0041-1.jpg