• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

1982 Cj8 Scrambler

Uffda

I will check. Thank you.
Someone had mentioned it may be under the passenger seat, but it wasnt there.
It apparently had been removed by the previous or original owner and was never put back.
Is there any way I can get a duplicate made? If so who do I contact?

Uffda

I had removed my hard top off my 1982 CJ8 Scrambler. Tried to put it back on but the screws won't go back in to hold it down. Looks like the screws were odd balls and probably not the original screws.
Did the windshield frame have nuts inside to connect the screws, or just screws to hold down the top?
I would like to put it back together the correct way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
I had removed my hard top off my 1982 CJ8 Scrambler. Tried to put it back on but the screws won't go back in to hold it down. Looks like the screws were odd balls and probably not the original screws.
Did the windshield frame have nuts inside to connect the screws, or just screws to hold down the top?
I would like to put it back together the correct way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Just screws IIRC. For questions like these, you'll do better to search the forum and/or post a new thread in the right subforum. In this case, we have one specific to Tops and Doors: https://www.cj-8.com/forum/cj-8-tops-doors-racks.49/

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
I will check. Thank you.
Someone had mentioned it may be under the passenger seat, but it wasnt there.
It apparently had been removed by the previous or original owner and was never put back.
Is there any way I can get a duplicate made? If so who do I contact?
As far as I know, there's no way to get a duplicate. You could maybe do a repro using information you have and an image of a true build sheet to work from, but you're asking to find information on a 35+y/o vehicle from a company that has changed hands 3-4 times since the original owner went out of business.