Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I’ve been searching for a nice original 83 slate blue since I like that decal package. I was turned on to this 82 triple slate and decided to pull the trigger. I purchased it from the son of the original owner who was a huge Ronald Reagan fan. To say it was sitting for sometime is an understatement! Not perfect paint. Plenty of patina but exactly what I was looking for. It’s totally original unmolested. Here’s a few quick pics before it gets defunkafied.
I guess the build date was September of 81. Don’t think I’ve seen one of these little stickers with all the writing on it still. The original soft top is a little bit dirty!

Attachments

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Will get more pics today. Spent what little energy I had left yesterday pressure washing it on the trailer and washing the exterior. Took it on a three mile trip with no issues. Or registration and insurance.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Had a little time this evening so I pulled off the driver side wheels and cleaned some. PO just put brand new tires on it and they never put the caps back on so I did that too. Took her on a nice little drive with no issues. Great afternoon weather. Nice patina on the hood and a spot behind the driver rear wheel that’s baked down to the metal. No rust just a spot where the primer didn’t hold up I guess. I think the original paint is going to come back really nice once worked a little bit. While it was on the trailer yesterday I pressure washed underneath and also washed the outside. The original soft top cleaned up really nice. Not sure if the window can be replaced but I have an NOS top for this Jeep.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
More buffing. What paint is left is looking really nice. Buffed top of the pass fender and side of the dr hood and latch. Dr fender has a cabbage ball side dent. Going to bring it to a pdr place and see what they can do. I’m stoked about this survivor.

Attachments

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Started working on this one. Pulling off body trim to wax the paint. I’ve been very careful and only misplaced about half of the parts but I’m pretty sure I know where they are.
192E4A6D-7E08-4CD3-A86F-1D77C3EF3BB6.jpeg
I’m also testing out Evaporust gel in the bed. It remained wet but clearly was left on too long. I really wanted to see how it would affect the paint. Good news the paint was not harmed at all. A stiff brush and the dried gel comes off:fingerscrossed:

D17DFE58-C8DE-4147-B59C-88680F155E88.jpeg 65B73296-EF60-4C9A-897D-836F14DBF9BE.jpeg

rubclt

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Cool build... evaporust works great, I soak many parts in bucket and have found 12 hours or so original paint usually ok, longer periods it will start to come off...