• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

1983 CJ-8

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
I have a question and maybe this is the place to ask it. My new 83 CJ-8 has some option on it that I'm not sure qualify it as a Renegade or not. It has power steering, power disc brakes and a tilt wheel with 250 and T176. Someone told me it may have been a Renegade. Can I tell by the vin number? Any help would be great,

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I have a question and maybe this is the place to ask it. My new 83 CJ-8 has some option on it that I'm not sure qualify it as a Renegade or not. It has power steering, power disc brakes and a tilt wheel with 250 and T176. Someone told me it may have been a Renegade. Can I tell by the vin number? Any help would be great,
The VIN won't tell but the trim tag can possibly tell more. It is located on the upper driver's side corner of the firewall.

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
I know this has been a while ago, that the thread was started, but heres another question. The decal set on my 83 is different than any I have come across. Is there someone who knows a alot about the decal sets that were on the cj8, to identify maybe what model. Or do they not make a difference? I don't have a picture right now, (at work) but is there anywhere I can go to view or buy replacement sets? Thanks

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Phoenix Graphics is on the vendor list of this site. Check out what they have available.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
If the decal set is unlike anything else , it is most likely aftermarket /homegrown or a dealer creation. We would love to see a pic when u get a chance [emoji846]

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
I will check out Phoenix site. Thanks jerseyjeeps, my little camera is dead, I will take it out and snap a pic on my cell and send it to myself. I think its factory, but not positive.