• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

1984 CJ-8 Half Cab

Mwood1129

City
Pooler
State
GA
Prior to rebuilding my scrambler. The top and Doors fit together precisely. Now after removing the top doors and windshield. I can’t seem to get the top far enough forward. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I think you are going to have to provide pictures and what you "rebuilt" to get a better understanding.
More than likely if you put a new windshield gasket on, it is too high and you really need a thinner one, which would bring the windshield back more... but until we can see something, it is all speculation.

cb

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I agree with cb. I am betting the windshield needs to lay back more. With the doors back on, you should be able to tell if the back edge of the top is in the right place as well as the angle of the windshield. Good luck.

Mwood1129

City
Pooler
State
GA
For whatever reason this site won’t allow me to upload pictures. The door fits the body fine. But the curve of the back of the door has about 3/4 inch gap

Mwood1129

City
Pooler
State
GA
For whatever reason this site won’t allow me to upload pictures. The door fits the body fine. But the curve of the back of the door has about 3/4 inch gap

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
How is the fitment between the windshield and the door window frame?