2" spring lift, and new shocks

SCWorm

hillbilly born-n-bred
City
Fort Mill
State
sc
Well, my scrambler is currently getting new springs and shocks. Adding 2". Slow going, a few broken bolts, etc. Pretty sure the springs that are coming off are the originals. Will post up some pics when done.

SCWorm

hillbilly born-n-bred
City
Fort Mill
State
sc
Well, I plan to run the tires I have on it now - 31 x 12.5 ProComp. Hopefully they'll look ok, because they're practically new.

Robert Slone

Legacy Registered User
City
Spring Hope
State
NC
Well, I plan to run the tires I have on it now - 31 x 12.5 ProComp. Hopefully they'll look ok, because they're practically new.
They should look fine. I have 2 1/2" springs and 31" BFG's and it does not look bad. I was worried about how it would look, but it looks good. (Of course it's a Scrambler so it can't help but look good :smokin:)

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Hey man! Long time no see, glad to see the rig is getting some love! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Moved this thread to the newly renamed "Drivetrain, Suspension & Steering" forum. Thanks for making it obvious that the name needed to add Suspension ;)

Last edited:

SCWorm

hillbilly born-n-bred
City
Fort Mill
State
sc
Busted by the MAN

Arrgh! Busted by the Man. yeah, i figured that's where the post really should have went.

It's been a slow jeeping winter for me, what with all the cold weather and rain we've had in the Carolinas the jeep spent most of the winter in the garage and I couldn't spark much interest in working on it short of some fog lights and minor stuff. So, haven't had much to talk about. But with warmer weather and sunshine now, the cab is off and put away for the summer........and with a little lift added - I'm ready to spend the summer rednecking it around town. :p

SCWorm

hillbilly born-n-bred
City
Fort Mill
State
sc
I probably should have............

..............taken the picture with a toddler or midget stand in to give the lift perspective :rotfl:

SCWorm

hillbilly born-n-bred
City
Fort Mill
State
sc
thanks guys

Thanks guys. I'm very happy with the way this jeep turned out .......... but you know what Eric, I still really like the look of a white Scrambler. Like yours, and like the one I had before.