2001 truck LS into 81 Scrambler wiring

rnchrpilot

City
harper
State
TX
i have everything installed in my scrambler. now i just need to hook up wring harness/computer to cj wires. any help would be appreciated. correct me if im wrong, big orange is battery, little pink is key on, big red if fuel pump, green is speedo, white is tach?
cj8 wire pic.jpg

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Are those wires the CJ harness? I don’t recall seeing any weather tight relays on a stock CJ harness.

If you need a key hot in start/run you can use the power feed to the choke on the carb. Should be a thin red wire (circuit 52c). 16 ga wire.

Tach signal should be red with a tracer (circuit 13a or 13b; changes to circuit 13c at firewall connector; 13f on engine side; then to 13d at coil +) at the coil it should be white with a tracer. 18 ga wire.

Constant power is circuit 12c, but that wire has a fusible link integrated between to battery terminal and the starter relay terminal. 14 ga red wire.

BTW, beautiful part of Texas you have. My lease is in Llano and we frequent Fredericksburg when we can.

rnchrpilot

City
harper
State
TX
that is a picture of the main relay and fuel pump relay for the ls engine harness. but you did give me great information for the wires from the jeep.
whick key hot wire is for distributor?

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I’ve done a few of these but never reused a factory harness. The wires you showed should be marked by the harness builder, but yes, that does sound correct.

rnchrpilot

City
harper
State
TX
got it figured out with some help. orange is battery. pink is key on. red out of fuel pump relay is fuel pump.
the green from coonector is vss. white is tach.
this is original wiring harness on a 2000 5.3L truck engine.