AJ2393

Scrambled in the Head
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Westport
State
MA
Surprised this wasn't posted before. Anybody see these renderings of POTENTIALLY what the 2018 JT pickup would look like? Looks like this design has a removable roof. Just some nice speculative renderings.

2018-wrangler-pickup-jlwranglerforums-2-1.jpg
2018-Wrangler-pickup-JLwranglerforums-3.jpg

scramble1983

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dallas
State
tx
I think that picture will be pretty close to the actual version. Very exciting. AEV Brutes will crumble in price.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
AEV Brutes will crumble in price.
I assume you're talking about existing Brutes, but FWIW on a related note, AEV is thrilled about the pickup. They do not want to be in the Brute business moving forward. I talked with them about this at the recent open house of their new facility. The Brute build area is really small back in one corner in anticipation of eventually shutting it down after the new truck release and changing it to another use. They're too much labor and too costly, they'd much rather sell parts to people who buy Jeep's truck. People will still be able to send their own Jeeps to AEV for conversion but they'll stop the new builds for dealerships, which is a significant portion of Brute sales.

What might be interesting on the existing Brutes are the prices of JK versions compared to TJ versions. I would think the TJs would continue to hold significant value :shrug:

The JK Brutes that will hold value are all of the ones that also got the Hemi swaps. Why Jeep can't get a stock V8 option to work in the Wrangler line is just insane.

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
I give massive cudos to the Jeep/computer junkies who managed to piece together such a respectable model from little more than manufacture released ideas, hints, and spy photos. While I love the concept I am a little unsold on the non-removable roof. Yes, it seems to come "mostly" off via panels but it's still a Jeep. Not a huge hangup for me but something that will have to grow on me. Hopefully it gets the 3.0 diesel and a HD package making it a heavy half ton.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
If they can give this a respectable tow and cargo capacity then I am all for this Jeep but it has to at least be on par with the latest Chevy Colorado. I am fine with the top not being removable if that is what it end up being. Pulling the roof panels are good with me.

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
slatington
State
pa
I didn't think they were making the "Comanche" pick up at all. Thought that was just a concept vehicle.