2019 and 17th Annual Colorado Scramble - July 24th, 25th and 26th

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
We are going to go to Buena Vista, CO again this year. This area always seems to be a favorite for all and has very different variations in scenery and trails. Trails will be Chainman’s Gulch, Grizzly Lake & Iron Chest, just to name a few.

Just google Lodging there to find what suits you the best, there are many options.

While this is absolutely not going to be the end of the Colorado Scramble the annual part will be broken. As long as I do this there really isn't a way that I can wheel some of the other places that I want to so while not ending it is going to be on Hiatus for a while. Just so many other places I want to see and do - I want to do Big Bear and the Rubicon as well as lots of Arizona stuff, some close and some almost to Vegas. Southern Cali also. Have even been looking at South Dakota as I lived in Rapid as a kid. As well as other events!

I hope as many that can make it do, maybe some of you guys that have been talking about it for a long while! After a year or two we'll pick it back up and march on 8-)

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
The Adams family are only going to make Friday as we had already made plans to do All4Fun the following week.

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
We will be meeting at the main park in the middle of town (main road hwy 24) each morning at 8:30am... You are more than welcome to attend Dallas, we'd enjoy meeting you!

bhronik

Basic User
City
Loveland
State
Co
Think I will come up and join you guys too. Not sure I can keep up with 40s! But I'm willing to give it a try.

bhronik

Basic User
City
Loveland
State
Co
Still running stock axels with 35s and ARBs. They have been built up as things have broken over the years. 4.56 gears, heavy duty hubs, one piece chromoly axels, and welded tubes. They are pretty tough but definitely can't go any bigger without a complete swap!

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Sounds pretty nice, I think you'll be fine. We've had lesser rigs give it a go for sure. Look forward to meeting you!

DBurnum

City
Evergreen
State
CO
Ok, I've had the Scrambler for just over a year now and want your opinion if it's capable of tackling these trails. It's lifted with 37s, 4.88 gears with a posi in the rear. Front is an open differential. I have the 8274 on the front and running the 258.

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Oh yeah you will be good. Sounds like its set up for trailing, next step locker in the front or both if your open back there as well. If nothing else you've got the tire, gear and lift to get through this easily, if your locked in the rear you'll be fine. Chinaman's and Iron Chest are the only two tough ones...

I just saw that you said a Posi in the rear so you are open front and back... I can see where you might need some assistance in some spots but I've seen them done with much less than you have. And we'll help you out with a tug or a spot any time you need it and will keep an eye out for you if need be, nary a prob!

Last edited:

Joeslock

Basic User
City
Dillon
State
Co
Last minute spot booked. I won’t be able to make Wednesday trail runs but I will potentially get to eat at Quincy’s three nights in a row!!!