• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

2023 National Scrambler Event

ag4ever

Average Nut
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Guess I have no excuses for not attending, my deer lease is near Valley Spring. Luckily, I have my camper parked there. 45 minutes drive per the google.

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
SOA Member
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Will there be an airing of Old Yeller in honour Mason's most famous resident?

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
SOA Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
Wow, 2 hours from my other brother
On weekdays? Interesting

Ron84cj

Engine nerd
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
Wow, 2 hours from my other brother
On weekdays? Interesting
Lol. Nice. It's still one heck of a hike for you though. Same with me but if I come to this one I will likely spend a few days in Dallas. I have family there that I haven't seen in a while. It would actually be really nice to see them.

For those of you who have been to Wolf Caves...
Is it mostly more extreme type stuff? Briefly looking at pictures of the place and various reviews definitely lead me to thinking it is. I know they say there are trails that vary in difficulty, but is there enough to do for a guy with 33s or does it cater more to 37+ tire guys? I could be way off with my impression, that's why I'm asking. Thanks. :cheers:

Last edited:

ag4ever

Average Nut
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Looks rather hard-core to me. 430 acres is not that big for relaxed cruising, heck my deer lease is over 1,200 acres (45 minutes away). I can cruise my entire lease very slowly in half a day. Takes a crew of 3 about 6-8 hours to fill the feeders with 15,000 pounds of corn. Gives you an idea of how fast 1,200 acres shrinks to a small size.

For day trip adventures, there is Fredericksburg which is under a hour drive. Very touristy German town. Lots of antique shops, jewelry stores, etc…

Enchanted Rock is not far away.

Coopers in Llano is a famous BBQ joint.

SWR at Stillwaters is not far away.

Offcamber has a place in Llano.

Not too many public ”fire roads” or “logging roads”. Most wheeling in the area is on private land.

I am sure an itinerary has not been developed, but I would like to see one. Would help me decide if getting back on my ‘82 rebuild is a priority or if floors, cowl, and transmission on the Overlander is the priority. ‘82 will be on 35s with a V8. Overlander would be VERY mild trails only.

ag4ever

Average Nut
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I have heard that the trails run from easy to hard. There are trails for 31” tire Jeep to full rock buggies.