• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

4.0L swap intake option - Rugged Ridge TJ “cold air” intake

Rosco1974

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
I used a TJ air box. Passenger side and the inlet is close enough to the inlet in the grill to connect (someday).

SurfnCJ8

Legacy Registered User
Lifetime Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC
Glad you posted this, been needing to do something about mine as well and had searched for some pics on here of what others had done but didn't get very good results. I don't need anything special, but been trying to decide between a stock intake of some type or aftermarket. There have not been any stock TJ ones at the junkyard that I have seen and not sure if anything else ( or even the TJ one) will work on mine but it looks like I have room on the passenger fender. Previous owner ( or who he had do the engine swap) has mine laying on top near the rear.

cj intake.jpg

Bobs85Reny

Legacy Registered User
City
Wayne
State
NJ
What about fabricating something like this for a heat shield. Should not be to difficult to make. Then you can use what you already have

Attachments

• heat shield.jpg
    heat shield.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 32