Rebuilding America's Jeep
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
yeh, I had to go ahead and pull the trigger again on another flattie. Its another 46. I had to sell my last one a while back after getting hurt at work and its killed me ever sense. So, been bugging this guy for a while to sell me this one and he finally gave in . My last 46 I finished and sold is at the bottom. And yes Eric, I will document the build better this time. It has a 225 odd fire, T-90 with overdive. PS, PB already installed with drop pedals. Plan is (because I have them already) a narrow 30 up front with disc, flanged offset 44 rear, same as my last one. Difference is the last one was a 4.3 vortec. Its a filler project for now until I get my CJ-6 completed or nearly completed and my M416 build done. I also have a M-170 I have to get painted for sale. But that should not take too long to get done. It also has a tube frame and YJ springs. Yes the half hard top is very cool and solid. Doors are for a 3a though I think.
IMG_0016.JPG IMG_0013.JPG IMG_0014.JPG IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0003 (2).JPG
IMG_0005 (2).JPG

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
Here what I found inside the overdrive. Nice and clean, same with TC and tranny. That's a major victory, when you find no water and clean oil. Outside was filthy, but got to love the inside.
IMG_0017.JPG IMG_0018.JPG IMG_0019.JPG IMG_0020.JPG

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
I just got a M-38 and want to end up with a look sort of like your 2A. Can you share what you did for suspension? Did you switch to hanging pedals and a more recent steering column? I’ve got a lot more questions, but starting here. Thanks.

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
Hanging pedal off a Cherokee, ali with the brake booster. 4.3 vortec, power steering, stock column with work cut off and 3/4 double D shaft welded on. Did soft ride military springs and put the longer rears up front.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
@John N, first awesome that you got one, second, he basically built (and sold :angry:) my perfect flatty, that’s why I gave him crap about the build thread :rotfl:

This looks like another killer plan and I can’t wait to see it come together :drool: :bacon:

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
@John N, first awesome that you got one, second, he basically built (and sold :angry:) my perfect flatty, that’s why I gave him crap about the build thread :rotfl:

This looks like another killer plan and I can’t wait to see it come together :drool: :bacon:
You know I'm building this one for you, right ? With the exception of motors. I'm running the Dauntless for now, but have an even fire in the works. Same 2015 tank green to. Love yah man! 😋

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
You know I'm building this one for you, right ? With the exception of motors. I'm running the Dauntless for now, but have an even fire in the works. Same 2015 tank green to. Love yah man! 😋
Yes, and I’m stoked!!! :cheers:

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Hanging pedal off a Cherokee, ali with the brake booster. 4.3 vortec, power steering, stock column with work cut off and 3/4 double D shaft welded on. Did soft ride military springs and put the longer rears up front.
Can you tell me a bit more about the springs? What are they from/for?

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
Soft ride military. 2. 1/2 lift. For a 2a, but ran rears in the front as well, for more. Flex.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
Nice project with a solid body. So the frame looks fabricated from square tubing. Was that home built by the last owner or from a company like Matkins?

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
PO built that when he was in high school. I'm presently searching for an early five or m38a1 frame for it. Driving it this way for now.

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
I was thinking about using the Dana 18 small hole guts in a big hole (1966) Dana 18 and leaving the overdrive on. Was thinking about a Terra low kit, but may just go 488's in the pumpkins instead and live with that for now.

Last edited:

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
Everything has changed. I picked up two T18 tranny's last Saturday and one is a Ford 2wd and one is a incomplete Jeep T18. Ford tranny is in excellent condition so I went ahead and ordered an AA bell housing for it. The same guy gave me the T98 rear adapter for the Dana 18/20 and also a like new Dana 18 Big hole TC (super 18) but just the empty case. So now, I am going to install the T18, which will help on the trails with the 373 axles. Build the big hole case with my 18 guts and call it a day. This way I can run my 373's and not have to worry about total re-gears on both. Maybe the June 15th deadline can be made after all.

Attachments