$636M -what would you do?

MarknessMonster

Amiable Jeeper
City
Western
State
CO
The lottery is currently valued at $636 million. If you win, you could opt for a lump sum payout that would equate to approximately $320M after taxes are paid. What are you going to do with your winnings, if you're limited to ten items?

Here's a list I have comprised in advance of winning tonight.

1. Send my parents to the Mayo Clinic for full checkups, and ask the doctors if there are any "super" serums or bionic parts they could be fitted-with to extend their healthy lives another 25 or more years.

2. Provide a "retire-able" monetary gift amount to each of my immediate family members.

3. Pay off mortgage debts and renovate my properties.

4. Super-size my business through hiring additional employees, and dominating our competition through temporary loss-leader pricing. :)

5. Travel the world in a calendar year.

6. Get married

7. Buy more farm ground, and a cabin getaway in an extremely remote mountainous location.

8. Build & develop architecturally traditional commercial and residential structures.

9. Restore my junky vehicles.

10. Feed the homeless or provide other charitable acts of kindness to help my fellow humans whom are unable to help themselves.

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
I would fly to Western CO and take some pics of your scramblers for MM.

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
There sure would be a lot of happier animals around me. The local shelters wouldn't need to turn a stray away again for a long time...

My family wouldn't want for anything.

If you didn't talk to me before, things wouldn't be much different now...

City
Hammonton
State
NJ
We've got a bunch of people at work buying tickets together, and we added in $537.00 worth of winnings into the pot as well. I don't know exactly how many tickets we have, but it is a ton.
First - Pay off all debts.
Set up large trusts for each boy.
Send my Scrambler to the best restoration shop I can find.
Buy cars for the wife and I. Nothing outrageous, just nice. Heck, mine would probably be a used Town Car. I'm in my 50s now, it is time.
Buy a house on Lake George, most likely in Ticonderoga.
Help my brother buy a new shop, with a lot of land to add a building for stashing any excess vehicles I might pick up.
Make sure all of our siblings are OK. Not make them rich, just be sure they don't have to worry.
Upgrade my Eagles tickets to some nice club seats.
Buy lots and lots of Lionel trains.
Buy a really big basement to run those trains in. If necessary, I'll put a house on it to keep out the rain.

I'm sure this wouldn't put a dent in $320 million, but I'm a very simple man, and I would be thrilled with this.

Randyzzz

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Short answer- What would I do? Not a darn thing I didn't want to....

1. 10% to God's Work right off the top...

2. Invest a sizable chunk for stable returns so that my wife or I never have to worry about work again.

3. Purchase a normal (not extravagant) house each for both my daughter and my son.

4.Purchase a large piece of land, lots of fence, and put a small cabin style home dead center for my wife and
I. She wants to adopt wild Mustangs, I want a comfy shop and a shooting range.

5. There would be some purchases...probably a nice AEV Hemi Unlimited, a pristine stock Scrambler,
several things that go bang especially a Nemo Omen. And of course she will want some goodies. This
probably should count for a few spaces.

9. Purchase a small vacation home somewhere on the ocean. Not in CA.

10. Donations to no-kill animal shelters, Blue Ribbon Coalition, NRA/NAGR, ect.

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
I forgot about my 1969 Dodge Charger, and it's big Brother Hemi Daytona Charger... I'm also gonna need a big wide open blacktop pad and a rear tire changing shop.