Rebuilding America's Jeep
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
60/40 seat, chrome hood and windshield hinges, chrome bumpers, bezel around speedo I think is chrome and maybe column shift. I'm sure I have a few things wrong, but I think that's the most of it. Oh, chrome centered plate light and badging on the hood. Someone jump in for additions and corrections.

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
This is where mine started 9 years ago.
orginal cj6 pic 1 - Copy.jpgRESIZED.jpg

I think it came out of Colorado, I found it here in Farmngton NM. Showed up on a used car lot. I didn't buy it the first time I saw it, someone else did.
Later I found it sitting on the side of the highway with a for sale sign and I bought it this time. It actually ran, smoked a lot and the brakes were not very good, you might get stopped if you pumped hard enough.

Last edited:

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
That why I am looking forward to watching this one get built!

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
I was thinking about that postal up in Alaska and then came across this. Still fighting with the logistics about that. Some promise still. But this deal just fell together in a total of about 15 minutes. From first call to the owner of this tub, to Boston Bob answering his cell phone a few minutes later, it just clicked. So it happens that way sometimes. The other 99 times, not so much.

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I was thinking about that postal up in Alaska and then came across this. Still fighting with the logistics about that. Some promise still. But this deal just fell together in a total of about 15 minutes. From first call to the owner of this tub, to Boston Bob answering his cell phone a few minutes later, it just clicked. So it happens that way sometimes. The other 99 times, not so much.
That postal in Alaska keeps calling my name. I am so tempted to buy it and park it at my cousin’s place in Eagle River.

But, that New England CJ-6 looks like a wonderful “Learn how to weld” project.

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
That postal in Alaska keeps calling my name. I am so tempted to buy it and park it at my cousin’s place in Eagle River.

But, that New England CJ-6 looks like a wonderful “Learn how to weld” project.
Oh yeh, that would definitely be a welding project and one to invent new swear words , project. 😳

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I've pretty much given up looking at any Jeeps of any year up here. After years of traveling all over the northeast to look at "rust free" Jeeps, I got tired of showing up only to find them infected with tin worm for really outrageous money because "they are good by New England standards." My favorite example was a Scrambler listed as "rust free" with only surface rust. Walking down the driveway I could see the body rust through the fenders and rockers, instant disappointment. I'm a gluton for punishment so I decided to look further. Crawled underneath for 5 seconds and put my hand through the holes in the frame, where they always rust. Guy said he never had a reason to look at the frame and had "no idea" of any frame rust. Wanted over $8K for it. Wasted two hours there and two hours back and vowed never to do it again. I don't know how Craig , and other people up here, even strike a reasonable deal on them for parts anymore. Old and rusty does not always equal rare and valuable. Anyway...purpose of this rant, besides allowing me to vent my rusty frustrations, is to say you did great in buying this one and I'm a bit jealous! (y)I'm really starting to love these 60s CJ's even though I'm biased to the 81-86's.
Lately there have been slim pickings... I haven't gotten much lately due to what is going on in the world and people now wanting $2500 and up for essentially parts Jeeps... unfortunately the Jeep itself is probably only worth that in parts, so it isn't worth while to buy it and strip it.... with everyone having more "free time" lately, I think some of them are getting snatched up for projects as well and I am sure in a year from now there will be a ton of Jeeps for sale as interest will wane.

cb

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
CB, I'm going to relist my 70 pretty soon. Besides the multiple upgrades sense the last time I listed it and the lack of interest from buyers recently. I figure a renewed posting with upgraded pictures might help it. It's been really like warm to cold in replys to adds sense this c19 started. Hopefully it picks up soon. Will need money to finish the six and 46 projects. Craig you coming to the vintage run on the 20th ?

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
CB, I'm going to relist my 70 pretty soon. Besides the multiple upgrades sense the last time I listed it and the lack of interest from buyers recently. I figure a renewed posting with upgraded pictures might help it. It's been really like warm to cold in replys to adds sense this c19 started. Hopefully it picks up soon. Will need money to finish the six and 46 projects. Craig you coming to the vintage run on the 20th ?
I haven't seen any postings on a run, I figured they were all cancelled with all that is going on... any link to it?

cb

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
It's the same one I met you at a few or maybe more years ago. It's the 20th of this month. I'll pm you the info.

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
The Jalopy tub on its side and the CJ6 frame after cutting off the boat sides. Tub is at blasters getting cleaned up. Pictures of that after I get it into epoxy primer and a few of the 30 or son snap holes filled in. Going back to the Narrow track 44 axle idea. Just like it better looking more stockish. All I got for now.

Attachments