• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

66 CJ6 Tux Park

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
60/40 seat, chrome hood and windshield hinges, chrome bumpers, bezel around speedo I think is chrome and maybe column shift. I'm sure I have a few things wrong, but I think that's the most of it. Oh, chrome centered plate light and badging on the hood. Someone jump in for additions and corrections.

AJ2393

Scrambled in the Head
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
North Dighton
State
MA
I love 60/40 bench seats. You never see that anymore.

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
This is where mine started 9 years ago.
orginal cj6 pic 1 - Copy.jpgRESIZED.jpg

I think it came out of Colorado, I found it here in Farmngton NM. Showed up on a used car lot. I didn't buy it the first time I saw it, someone else did.
Later I found it sitting on the side of the highway with a for sale sign and I bought it this time. It actually ran, smoked a lot and the brakes were not very good, you might get stopped if you pumped hard enough.

Last edited:

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
And it has gone far now into a great amazing transformation !

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
That why I am looking forward to watching this one get built!

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
I was thinking about that postal up in Alaska and then came across this. Still fighting with the logistics about that. Some promise still. But this deal just fell together in a total of about 15 minutes. From first call to the owner of this tub, to Boston Bob answering his cell phone a few minutes later, it just clicked. So it happens that way sometimes. The other 99 times, not so much.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I was thinking about that postal up in Alaska and then came across this. Still fighting with the logistics about that. Some promise still. But this deal just fell together in a total of about 15 minutes. From first call to the owner of this tub, to Boston Bob answering his cell phone a few minutes later, it just clicked. So it happens that way sometimes. The other 99 times, not so much.

That postal in Alaska keeps calling my name. I am so tempted to buy it and park it at my cousin’s place in Eagle River.

But, that New England CJ-6 looks like a wonderful “Learn how to weld” project.

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
That postal in Alaska keeps calling my name. I am so tempted to buy it and park it at my cousin’s place in Eagle River.

But, that New England CJ-6 looks like a wonderful “Learn how to weld” project.

Oh yeh, that would definitely be a welding project and one to invent new swear words , project. ?

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I've pretty much given up looking at any Jeeps of any year up here. After years of traveling all over the northeast to look at "rust free" Jeeps, I got tired of showing up only to find them infected with tin worm for really outrageous money because "they are good by New England standards." My favorite example was a Scrambler listed as "rust free" with only surface rust. Walking down the driveway I could see the body rust through the fenders and rockers, instant disappointment. I'm a gluton for punishment so I decided to look further. Crawled underneath for 5 seconds and put my hand through the holes in the frame, where they always rust. Guy said he never had a reason to look at the frame and had "no idea" of any frame rust. Wanted over $8K for it. Wasted two hours there and two hours back and vowed never to do it again. I don't know how Craig , and other people up here, even strike a reasonable deal on them for parts anymore. Old and rusty does not always equal rare and valuable. Anyway...purpose of this rant, besides allowing me to vent my rusty frustrations, is to say you did great in buying this one and I'm a bit jealous! (y)I'm really starting to love these 60s CJ's even though I'm biased to the 81-86's.

Lately there have been slim pickings... I haven't gotten much lately due to what is going on in the world and people now wanting $2500 and up for essentially parts Jeeps... unfortunately the Jeep itself is probably only worth that in parts, so it isn't worth while to buy it and strip it.... with everyone having more "free time" lately, I think some of them are getting snatched up for projects as well and I am sure in a year from now there will be a ton of Jeeps for sale as interest will wane.

cb

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
CB, I'm going to relist my 70 pretty soon. Besides the multiple upgrades sense the last time I listed it and the lack of interest from buyers recently. I figure a renewed posting with upgraded pictures might help it. It's been really like warm to cold in replys to adds sense this c19 started. Hopefully it picks up soon. Will need money to finish the six and 46 projects. Craig you coming to the vintage run on the 20th ?

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
CB, I'm going to relist my 70 pretty soon. Besides the multiple upgrades sense the last time I listed it and the lack of interest from buyers recently. I figure a renewed posting with upgraded pictures might help it. It's been really like warm to cold in replys to adds sense this c19 started. Hopefully it picks up soon. Will need money to finish the six and 46 projects. Craig you coming to the vintage run on the 20th ?

I haven't seen any postings on a run, I figured they were all cancelled with all that is going on... any link to it?

cb

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
It's the same one I met you at a few or maybe more years ago. It's the 20th of this month. I'll pm you the info.

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
The Jalopy tub on its side and the CJ6 frame after cutting off the boat sides. Tub is at blasters getting cleaned up. Pictures of that after I get it into epoxy primer and a few of the 30 or son snap holes filled in. Going back to the Narrow track 44 axle idea. Just like it better looking more stockish. All I got for now.

Attachments

• DSCN0554.JPG
    DSCN0554.JPG
    468.1 KB · Views: 21
  • jalop and six.jpg
    jalop and six.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 21

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
So some updates on this one. Tub repair is completed and have added a few Scrambler parts. Steering column out of my 83 Scrambler, along with firewall graft, emergency brake pedal assembly and maybe heater assembly, but still in the air about that one. Oh yeh and the brake drop pedal as well. Its now in epoxy primer and there is some small dents and dings to fill. Then roll cage mock up and finally paint. Frame is waiting to come into the barn to drop this on and install new body mounts.

But there is a problem. The barn is full with this body and a .............................................................new 1968 CJ6 from California. Yep, you heard me, I'll be starting a build thread on that one as well. I have to have my head examined, but I bought a rust free, running driving CJ-6. This holds me over until the 66 is done. Dauntless and hard to shift T-14. Working on getting the tranny and TC out today to install another T14. And reseal up the TC.

The white one is the new six.
1 cj6 primer.jpg2 cj6 primer.jpg1 cj8.jpg2 cj 8.jpg

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
So some updates on this one. Tub repair is completed and have added a few Scrambler parts. Steering column out of my 83 Scrambler, along with firewall graft, emergency brake pedal assembly and maybe heater assembly, but still in the air about that one. Oh yeh and the brake drop pedal as well. Its now in epoxy primer and there is some small dents and dings to fill. Then roll cage mock up and finally paint. Frame is waiting to come into the barn to drop this on and install new body mounts.

But there is a problem. The barn is full with this body and a .............................................................new 1968 CJ6 from California. Yep, you heard me, I'll be starting a build thread on that one as well. I have to have my head examined, but I bought a rust free, running driving CJ-6. This holds me over until the 66 is done. Dauntless and hard to shift T-14. Working on getting the tranny and TC out today to install another T14. And reseal up the TC.

The white one is the new six.
View attachment 87336View attachment 87337View attachment 87338View attachment 87339

You got other wheels for that as well? LOL. Glad to hear it was from out west and not here...

cb

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
What.......your not feeling the love for them gems. I'll trade you for something, if you like em that much. :P

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Oh, I do have a set of chrome Scrambler rims with centers I found a few years back. :devilish:

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Yeh Craig, I'm not a fan of them either.