• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

66 CJ6 Tux Park

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Dave never ever again, admit you have owned these wheels. :censored:

Dave The Sparky

Rebuilding my CJ8 very,very slowly...
City
Halifax
State
UK
I had to go find a photo and it appears they were similar but not the same, i even had masses of hair in those days and a little helper!.
Looks like a 1970s photo but judging by the size of my eldest who can barely reach the bumper its actually around 2000.
Engine and gearbox out of that motor are in my 6 now so the heart of that 4runner still lives on!.

4runner.png

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Those rims are actually not bad at all. When I get mine back from the blasters and get them painted and tires mounted, I'm going to be selling these off if your interested. (y) :whistle:

Dave The Sparky

Rebuilding my CJ8 very,very slowly...
City
Halifax
State
UK
Erm let me think about that for a nano second........ No, but really you should keep them maybe they will come back in fashion as some sort of 90s retro wheel at some point
graucho.gif

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Yeh I hear bell bottoms are comi gback to. Or did they already? :geek:

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Ok so I figured I'd update this one as well. The primed tub is on the finished frame for now because the 68 needed major surgery to the point of a frame off resto mod. I had to get this one out of the way for now and I'm buying my parents house and it needs to roll. Oh and doing remodeling on mine to sell. So no big progress, but I wanted to update the post. I'm going to try and get the motor, tranny and tc mounted prior to moving. That's all, cheers from Chester.