81 CJ-8 rear seatbelts

Rktect616

City
Raleigh
State
NC
Has anyone seen rear seats for a CJ that has integrated shoulder belts? I have two younger boys and short of quick trips to the pool in their 5 point booster seats, they cannot ride due to the fact the lap belts (newly installed locking type) do not hold the booster seats very stable.

My CJ-8 is uncut and I do not want to add a family cage or modify things to accommodate new shoulder restraints.

Thanks all,

chad

jak inc

I H8 SALT!
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Merton
State
WI
I still use britax frontier 90 car seats with my kids, 9 and 11 now, in our uncut scrambler. The height limit for the car seat harness is 58" tall with the lap belt. It can be used as a booster complete with the head rest with a shoulder belt (ie. 06 unlimited) until 90 lbs. It was the best solution I could find and it is tight with two car seats, but fits fine. Hope this helps.

Rktect616

City
Raleigh
State
NC
Thanks for the input. I may have a local fabricator make me a custom temporary bolt down steel component that allows for the standard seat restraints to clip in similar to more recent cars/trucks. I am suprised that none of the seats integrate the child restraint clips or shoulder devices.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
If you Scrambler has the roll bar with the loop on the lower foot pad you can attached the kid seat strap to that in order to help keep it stable.

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
OKC
State
OK
I used the non auto retracting belts for my rear seats. If you put some weight on them while pulling the strap tight the car seats are pretty secure. I will add a bar/tie down behind the seat for the strap for forward facing car seats.