• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

81-ish Scrambler Build

forfoxsakeoffroad

City
Franklin
State
IN
Hey all! I'm in the middle of a Scrambler build/restoration for a customer of ours and we're getting down to the end and have a few things I'm trying to figure out. First, a little history. The Jeep showed up as a painted tub on a new frame and all the rest of the parts were dumped into 5 gallon buckets, boxes, and crates absolutely not labelled. Another shop had started the work, taken it apart, and couldn't figure out how to get it back together. We were the shop crazy enough to say we could get it back together.

We finally have the Jeep running and driving(ish) after some brake drama that I've posted about in here already. A few more things to sort out mechanically, but I'm currently working on the interior and have a few questions. The customer doesn't want a "true" restoration, but does want something in the spirit of original with a few modifications and upgrades.

First question: There are 3 bigger sized holes across the top of the windshield frame on the interior. One between each visor and one behind where the loop goes in the middle. Is there supposed to be something here? A plug?

Attachments

• Windshield Hole.JPEG
    Windshield Hole.JPEG
    147.3 KB · Views: 10

forfoxsakeoffroad

City
Franklin
State
IN
Second question: What about this hole? One on each side on the windshield by dash pad.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!!

Other Hole.JPEG

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Those look like they were drilled by the prior owner. I haven’t seen them on any of my factory frames.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I wonder if they were drilled to spray some type of rust preventive thing. :shrug:

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Whatever the reason was for making the holes, now that it is painted just put a plug in each of them. Defroster won't work as well if you don't.

Last edited: