82-85 roll bar price?

scott anderson

Old age Mutant Ninjaneer
City
Paragould
State
ar
honestly...most people have not been able to give them away...if u had a buyer locally it might be worth something...but i have had 2 and the last i finally put by the side of the road with a "free" sign. just to get it out of the shop

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Roll Bar

I welded a Lock rack onto mine to mount the highlift jack, we were trading some stuff around and I saw the roll bar.

I don't really like the lock rack as Jack still rattles and going to redo it.

He was wanting $300 for it so I passed.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
I've been buying & selling them from $50 to $75. I bought about every one I've come across, and it seems I never have but 1 or 2 around. Someone is always needing one.

City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
MrBeep said:
I've been buying & selling them from $50 to $75. I bought about every one I've come across, and it seems I never have but 1 or 2 around. Someone is always needing one.
x2 I have sold a couple for under $40, but usually $50-75 is reasonable.

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Nationals

If I can't find nice something else this guy needs to trade then maybe could get someone to bring roll bar to Nationals.

One thing I really liked was the mounting plates (feet ) were angled up with slotted holes where U could tie something in bed.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
red mistress said:
If I can't find nice something else this guy needs to trade then maybe could get someone to bring roll bar to Nationals.

One thing I really liked was the mounting plates (feet ) were angled up with slotted holes where U could tie something in bed.

Let me know if you need one. I should have room on my trailer between the Scramblers.:eek: :D

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Roll Bar

Yea I need to get me a replacement, a real nice straight one.
Not afraid to drop the cash on it.

Really like the mounting plate with slotted holes for tying stuff in bed, so that's the one I'll be looking for.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
red mistress said:

Really like the mounting plate with slotted holes for tying stuff in bed, so that's the one I'll be looking for.
Too bad you're not closer...I have one like that. Shipping would be ridiculous, though.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
red mistress said:

I'll set one aside for you and bring it to Hot Springs if you want.

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Nationals

Definately want it if real nice, no dings or pitted rust?

Got the slotted holes in mounting feet?

That will give me incentive to make it to National's.
Been wanting to go anyway and Hot Springs is close enough and wife would find stuff to do in town.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
I checked the roll bars today and both spares are from 1981 or early 82 with no shoulder harness mounts. Sorry, but glad went out to check them.

tom82cj8

Scrambler Pro
City
Austin
State
TX
Red-

Where in Texas are you?

You can cut that rack lock rack off and grind everything smooth. My '82 roll bar had holes for wood side rails, and no shoulder mounts. I welded the holes shut, and added threaded bosses for the shoulder belts. You would never be able to tell it didn't come that way.

Later-

drscanman

CarolinaJeeper
City
WLAF
State
IN
tom82cj8 said:
Red-

Where in Texas are you?

You can cut that rack lock rack off and grind everything smooth. My '82 roll bar had holes for wood side rails, and no shoulder mounts. I welded the holes shut, and added threaded bosses for the shoulder belts. You would never be able to tell it didn't come that way.

Later-
Tom,
I need to install something like threaded bosses in my roll bar to mount the wood side rails. The roll bar has been professionally painted, and really don't want to weld. Would there be another solution similar to the threaded boss concept that does not require welding? Thanks

drscanman

CarolinaJeeper
City
WLAF
State
IN
tom82cj8 said:
The wooden side rails were held on originally with lag screws. All you need to do is drill a hole. If you would like to use a machined bolt, then you could drill holes and then install a rivnut.

Here is a description of rivnuts: http://www.cardinalcomponents.com/fasteners/Rivnuts.pdf.pdf

You can buy them at a local bolt supplier.

Later-
Excellent! Thank you for your time Tom. We have a Fastenal store in town and I will check their first.