85 Laredo Scrambler SIDE RAILS?

colts439

Basic User
City
Ashland
State
MO
does anyone know if the 85 laredo had an option for the wooden side rails? I like the look and was wondering if it would be "original" to put a set on? i have a 85 dealer brochure and it does not list siderails as an option.

DC CJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Arlington
State
VA
I am likely NOT the best guy to answer such a question, HOWEVER it was common for dealerships to add items like the stock wooden bedrails in "package deals". In some cases even the engine and transmission combination would be a dealer installed item/package. e.g. the Yenko Camaro and others. This is a long winded way of saying "probably". I grew up in S. Texas, and never saw a Scrambler without them.
I hope this helps,
Todd

colts439

Basic User
City
Ashland
State
MO
im thinking some dealers may have had rails left in their inventory and put them on 85 models. however, not sure. I guess if more people see this thread we may get an answer sooner than later. Thanks for the advice.

Brad

Cincyjeeprs

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cincinnati
State
Oh
My '85 did NOT come with them and I plan on adding them at some point. The roll bar IS NOT drilled for the bolts, so I'll either have to drill/tap it, or swap with Mr. Beep for one with the holes. The roll bar has to come out anyway to reintroduce attachment to something besides rust. LOL.

What have others done? Drill/tap, drill/self tapping screws, through-bolt?

colts439

Basic User
City
Ashland
State
MO
good info

thanks, i will probably go ahead and put a set on....however....still dont know
if it was a factory option in 85?:banghead: :banghead: :shrug:

brad