• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

85 scrambler is Done!!!

Hazard

Basic User
City
Cleveland
State
OH
Its finally done! we ripped this thing down to the frame this fall and did a total rebuild! I DROVE it today to get exhaust put on!

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

its not complete just yet. I have a stinger front bumper, rear swingaway, rock sliders and a winch for it.

here's what it has. Scout dana 44's, ARB air lockers, 4.56 gears, disc brakes all around, power brake conversion, hi-steer knuckles (not setup yet), SOA, YJ rubicon express 1.5" lift springs, shackle reversal, Tom Woods driveshafts, onboard air, 7 38" super swamper SX's

stock 258, T-4, Dana 300 setup. runs awesome!

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
that's awesome.... I can't wait for that first drive once mine is back together!!

kohldad

SOA Member
City
Goose Creek
State
SC
Looks sweet and BIG. That first ride after working so hard is very sweet and those little things that still need to be done don't seem so bad.

I'm waiting on my first ride after the preservation tear down. Just being able to turn the key and hear the engine crank over was a big motivation factor.

Now all you need to do is add a nice cage to protect you while wheelin it.

jpdeuce

Basic User
City
Houston
State
TX
Hazard said:
Its finally done!
BTW, it's never "done" ;)

Looking good now though. I'm curious once you get flexing if you are going to have rubbing issues. What springs did you use on the SOA? Do you air down to get it in the garage?

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
jpdeuce said:

Nice rig............! but as stated they are never done...........that's the reason my tag reads NEVRDUN:D

mopedal

"It Is What It Is"
City
DAYTON
State
TN
Mighty fine looking rig...look forward to watching it in action!
Impressed with how little time it took ya! You Da Man!

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
New Blue Collar tag line.

mulescj8 said:
Nice rig............! but as stated they are never done...........that's the reason my tag reads NEVRDUN:D

So JC should we refer to you as:

"JC The Telephone Guy"

"NEVRDUN...."

Ya, got ta read that with a souther accent to make sense.
Carl:)

SCWorm

hillbilly born-n-bred
City
Fort Mill
State
sc
congrats!

congrats on gettinitdone. looks great, and big is right.

Hazard

Basic User
City
Cleveland
State
OH
jpdeuce said:

Looking good now though. I'm curious once you get flexing if you are going to have rubbing issues. What springs did you use on the SOA? Do you air down to get it in the garage?

Haven't had it off road yet, I'm guessing the rear tires will rub a bit due to the rear axle being moved farther back with the different springs.

I used YJ Rubicon Express 1.5" springs for the SOA. I removed a spring from the pack too and it is very soft!

Yes I had to air all the way down to get it out of the garage. I don't suspect it will be parked there. Probably will live outside.

bshewmaker

compulsive jeep buyer
City
Paragould
State
AR
CBRogers said:
So JC should we refer to you as:

"JC The Telephone Guy"

"NEVRDUN...."

Ya, got ta read that with a souther accent to make sense.
Carl:)

Hey! I resemble that remark. I'm a telephone guy, and that's about the truth, neverdun.

scott anderson

Old age Mutant Ninjaneer
City
Paragould
State
ar
that is what a scrambler is s'pose to look like...i just love when i see one with the half top...it is just not a scrambler without it...looks great....

Boomer

Iron Bender
City
Snohomish
State
WA
scott anderson said:
that is what a scrambler is s'pose to look like...i just love when i see one with the half top...it is just not a scrambler without it...looks great....

... and the proper length tub/bed. ;)