manicman1

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Question for all you guys that have bought a used AC system and installed it into your Scrambler

if you have no idea what Year Jeep it came from and you replaced your air drier...how did you know which one to order...I see several on ebay for a great price but they appear to be for specific years and models of Jeeps...I asked the guy I bought it from and he really didn't know...he assumed it came from the 1977 CJ7 but the dealer had no info for a 77 CJ

thanks ahead of time for your help

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
What is important is that the input and output fittings match the type and size of hoses that you use in your system. Examine your hoses and purchase a receiver/dryer that matches. You most likely will not find the correct receiver/dryer with the Jeep CJ mounting bracket (or at least I couldn't find one when I was looking) but it isn't hard to find one that will work.

manicman1

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Joe

thank you for the direction....I will take the old one off and see what the thread and connector size are and try it that way

Engbull

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Nashville
State
TN
I have a very nice underdash unit that I plan to put into my CJ7, and have a few condensors and dryers...regardless of all I have, I ended up using JeepAir for all the fittings between the underdash unit and the compressor. I think I get a dryer with the kit...it will freze my knee caps off! If you are looking for some oem a/c parts...I have two extra under dash units and an assortment of A/C parts (compressors, condensors, dryers, mounts, etc.) let me know what you need. (PM is best)