• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Adoption finalized!!!

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Just got the final adoption decree yesterday. It's all 100% complete and final. :D :cool: We celebrated in true new parent fashion with take out burgers and shakes brought back home :)

Now, the reason that I didn't add an "OT" to the thread title... Laura's first Jeep! Yeah, it's a Liberty, but you can't find Scrambler walkers anywhere nowadays.

attachment.php

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
Eric, That is awesome my friend! I'm so happy for you..

Truck

canzo

equal opportunity annoyer
City
Alexandria
State
VA
Excellent! Congratulations, Eric and family!! :)

I see you lifted the Liberty, too, so LJ's trail ready now. :D

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Huge Congrats!!!!:D :D :D

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Thanks guys! It was another way that we were lucky in all of this. Usually, you're doing well to get this before the first birthday! It actually would have been done sooner, but it's a law that they have to wait 90 days from the date that it's filed before they can issue the decree... otherwise, everything was in such good order that they would have done it before Christmas! :D

canzo said:
I see you lifted the Liberty, too, so LJ's trail ready now. :D

HAH, if you think about it, that's more lift than you can get on a REAL Liberty! How freaking sad is that???!!! :D :D It's on the lowest setting and is still a little big for her. I'm sure it won't be long though. :eek:

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
richmond
State
va
that's great news, Eric and Kate! Congrats!

So Laura is actually riding around in her jeep, huh, unlike you and me?:eek: :( :D

Marine-OpLaw

'ANTIQUATED' PackRat
City
Fredericksburg
State
VA
Ouch!

WildTurkeycj8 said:
So Laura is actually riding around in her jeep, huh, unlike you and me?:eek: :( :D

X3... :(

As to the finalized adoption: Woohoo Eric & Kate! That is truly music to your (and our) ears! Fantastic news... and thanks for sharing it w/ us. :)

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Eric I simply don't have the words to tell you how happy I am for you and your wife. When I just read this it genuinely warmed my heart. You have just taken on the most important job on the planet... Much congrats to you man, huge congrats.

kohldad

SOA Member
City
Goose Creek
State
SC
Big Congratulations to the three of you. Now maybe you won't be as afraid to take her to the garage and get her working on your jeep.

*JOKER*

Basic User
City
Norfolk
State
VA
Looks like she's already starting to master the use of the side view mirrors! :p

Congrats, Eric.

Ted Wendel

Jeep nut
City
Richmond
State
VA
Congratulations!
I can't believe they don't make a Postal Scrambler walker.
Eric you better keep a eye on her,looks like she is looking out the "WRONG" mirrow.

Marine-OpLaw

'ANTIQUATED' PackRat
City
Fredericksburg
State
VA
Au contraire mi ami...

Ted Wendel said:
Congratulations!
I can't believe they don't make a Postal Scrambler walker.
Eric you better keep a eye on her,looks like she is looking out the "WRONG" mirrow.

If Eric really loved little LJ (& 'The Postal'-concept) he'd fab one up for her... :rolleyes: ;) :D

No Ted, I'd suggest lil' LJ is looking out the proper 'window'/mirror... that is for normal people &/or Jeeps. :eek: :p

:D :D :D :D We DO love ya Eric... or we wouldn't poke at ya so....

Now get to fabbin'... and when you're done, we want/expect lotsa PICTURES!!! :cool:

*JOKER*

Basic User
City
Norfolk
State
VA
Warning: Objects In Mirror Have More Money Invested In Their Project Than It May Appear.

fisherman

Whew, was that you?
City
brunswick
State
md
Congrats Eric and Kate you're "real" parents now(as opposed to "fake" parents)....She is a beautiful baby! Is she keeping you guys busy?

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
WildTurkeycj8 said:
that's great news, Eric and Kate! Congrats!

She's actually in the same boat as you, me and Jerry. Able to sit in the Jeep, but not able to make it go :D She's a little small yet, so I have to race to see who'll hit the ground "running" first ;)

I won't be messing around making anything like that Jerry. When I start in on her Jeep it's going to be more like this!!!

Now THAT'S a kiddie Jeep suitable for my girl!

I've already started playing "Jeep" with her and she LOVES it. She laughs hysterically sometimes and just has a ball.

What is "Jeep" you may ask? Well it's what some, less enlightened, people call "Horsey", where you bounce them on your knee. Except when I do it, there's lots of off-camber stuff and I make engine noises insetad of horse sounds :D ;)

MUCH better game.

crash

Mad Scientist
City
Gold BAr
State
WA
WOW. Congrats Eric... I don't have the words but man am I happy for you guys. What a cutie ;)