Air Seat????

1crazy-jeeper

What's a scrambler?
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I drove trucks in the army. One of the rigs I was lucky enough to tool around in had an air ride seat. This was great for making the ride much much softer. Does any one know where I can get one of these seats for my jeep?

Marine-OpLaw

'ANTIQUATED' PackRat
City
Fredericksburg
State
VA
Maybe you can buy your old seat...

I'd guess your best bet - unless you're looking to buy new - is here (GovtLiquidation.com)

Scheme is pretty much just like eBay, but there IS a 10% buyer's premium.:mad:

CJ8Chris

I hate rust and chrome
City
Austin
State
TX
What do you mean by air seat? Do you mean a seat that bounces up and down on a suspension? If so, maybe this will help. I just sold my 91 Mitsubishi Montero RS. It had a bouncy springy seat suspension thingy which had adjustable tension. I loved it! Maybe you could yank one out of a junkyard Monetero and modify it.

1crazy-jeeper

What's a scrambler?
That's the kind of thing I'm looking for. I thought a lot of truckers had these air suspension seats in the big rigs? They make the long haul more bearable.
I think that would be the stuff in my jeep.
:)

2K1TJ

Still Scramblin'
City
Rockmart
State
GA
Good idea!

Let us know how it goes (i.e. I'm too lazy to experiment through trial and error :D )

CJ8Chris

I hate rust and chrome
City
Austin
State
TX
Yeah, the seat in my Mitsu made the ride nice and cushy. I Couldn't figure out for the life of me why my passengers complained about THEIR ride quality! ;) IT was a pretty basic (and probably cheap to manufacture) system in the Mitsu. It had a knob/lever to dial in the rate of suspension on the spring, no air system, just a basic spring system to controll the amount of seat travel/rebound similar to their pricey counterparts in tractor trailers. I have seen (and you have probably seen also), many people put non-Jeep seats in their Jeeps all the time. It could be as simple as going to the local junkyard and pulling the drivers seat, and then mating it/fabbing it up to the jeep seat bracket. I mentioned my model year, as well as the trim level: "RS", as that may be important in your search. In case you don't know what it looks lile, the Mitsu was a big long square box on wheels, it was the 4 LWB model, longer than the Dodge Raider or SWB Montero of the same time period, and very similar in looks to the Isuzu Trooper of the same vintage. Maybe a Trooper has the same system too?