• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Alaskan Postal Scrambler/World Cab - count/registry - help build the list

StoneyWelborn

Alaskan Postal Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Puyallup
State
WA
Hey, great to see you back! Can you tell me more specifically what I need to update, move or add to the list relative to the ones you have or have sold and whatever their condition/equipment was?

For example, I assume that 22 and 23 were your sales? Are those the two that sold to MI and ID? If so, do I have them attributed elsewhere is actually one of those? Did you sell the one to Scr8 here in MI maybe? I have that one on here separately and would need to reconcile those.

Do I not have your other three accounted for? Do they have tops/doors?

Thanks for checking in!
Scrambler.jpg

I still have the ones on line 22 and 23, I'll need to get the VIN for the one I'm having restored as it is in for paint and reassembly now. The one I sold to the gent in Michigan I believe may be Scr8 but I'm not sure. All the Postals I know of have tops and doors. Glad to share any additional info!

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
From FB: Jim Young

Thought I would update you. I bought the purple postal in Baton Rouge in October. It's now in Mahaffey, Pa. I have seen pictures on the net of it in Alaska. I know Collins Brothers owned it prior to Tommy in Baton Rouge. I'd like to learn more about how it made it's way from Alaska.

Need to update info in main list.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
From email, Chris in Anchorage sold all of his that he had listed but has one complete top for sale:

Hey Eric. I sold the Jeeps. Still have one complete top I'm selling.
I don't have info. On where they went.
I do know one went to A guy down in Florida. I can probably get that info.

Need to update info on main list.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
In Kelso WA in the Portland Oregon craigslist, there is a postal tub with Oregon title along with a CJ-10 tug cab and other parts for 600 bucks obo. A postal doesn't seem like a postal unless it has the top and related parts. So there is one more postal that probably won't come out of retirement.

joncin

Basic User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Maybe I was the one Phoenix you were talking about. lol

Update: My back was hurt for a couple years and the engine build was never completed. I had installed a junkyard 360 several years ago but just recently ended up putting a new cam, intake, carb, HEI ignition and exhaust. It runs good but the 999 automatic pretty much kills it and I'm afraid of tearing out the rest of the drivetrain. That being said, my plan is to rebuild the original 6 cylinder and reinstall it. I must say its been quite an adventure figuring out the problems that cropped up doing the V8 conversion

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Bump for a reminder to me to get back in here and update the master list...

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Just a reminder of the one I had. :confused:

Ambcj

Basic User
City
Sydney ,au
State
Ns
Thanks , I'm having trouble attaching photos , but I'm happy
To send someone photos to attach them for me

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
PO Tub & 3 wheels 001.jpg
The vin for the 1984 Postal Scrambler I got is: 1JCCE88F7ET019784 . I can't indentify a postal vin from a regular Scrambler vin. Is there a list of postal vins or are you making the list?
If I picked the right picture to attach, then this is what is left of my postal. It will never look like a postal again, but it will be back on the road.