aluminum body

SCRAMBEAR

Fabricationalist(Bushism)
City
Springfield
State
MO
:) man I want to go that route !! keep us updated with all of this. Thos range around How much ?? 3500.00$ and shipping from ?
...........Vinny:cool:

tinymay

Scrambler Junkie
City
Dickson
State
TN
cjcrazy8 said:
I just bought my aqualu. The company is great and I ordered mine through TDK and got a hell of a deal. Just a warning though, shipping was terrible. the tub was scratched and dented.
TOTALLY AGREED!!! My JPO tub came in all scabbed up from shipping and oil canned from the welding. Used a big block and hammer to wang the sides back straight. Lots of LOUD work but worth it in the long run.

I am really anxious to see how the powder coat turns out. Keep us posted!!

Tiny

cjcrazy8

Basic User
City
Cincinnati
State
oh
Nothin like the smell of fresh powder coat

Well ladies and gentlemen, the time is approaching. I get to pick up my powdercoated aluminum body tomorrow night. I can hardly contain my excitement, I have been loosing sleep over this. The color I finally chose is called "blue streak II". I will post pics as soon as I can. Now I get to start putting her back together. On top of all of that I am getting a deal on a LS1 that is too good to pass up. Man im in way over my head, but what a way to learn.

cjcrazy8

Basic User
City
Cincinnati
State
oh
Here It Is!!!

Here are a few pics of the body, doors, and hood with powdercoat. The two transparent spots in the hood are louvers made from perforated ss. The finish is a high gloss and looks exactly like paint with just a little more orange peel. The doors look like they were stamped out of blue metal, they are coated inside and out. Now its time to put her back together.

cjcrazy8

Basic User
City
Cincinnati
State
oh
The guys over at Tri-State Fabricators in Ameila, OH (no that was not a plug on there behalf.......I am just really pleased with their work) said that if need be they can match touch-up paint to the powder.

Les

City
Wasilla
State
AK
This is an old thread I just found. I'm looking to replace the body on my 81 Scrambler and was thinking of going aluminum for weight reasons. I see talk about the Matkins but cant locate a contact number or website. Does anyone know how to contact them, or other manufacturers besides Aqualu?

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
south central
State
AK
You’re in Wasilla. Post pics of your 8? Also join the Alaska CJs page on Facebook.