• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Any Las Vegas members that can lend a hand?

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
In an effort to have a custom bikini/safari top made I located a CJ-7 owner that makes top quality bikinis at home in Las Vegas near the airport. I've spoken with him on the phone and he has a homegrown website for his tops. I wont list the website because he's not a supporting member yet but I have forwarded the link to him for our sponsor page.

He's getting a lot of interest from CJ-8 owners like myself that want full size tops. But it's on another website he posts on. I spoke to him about our website. He's interested in making CJ-8 specific bikinis but needs a CJ-8 to take some measurements. He did say that he would offer a custom made bikini at cost for your time.

I want to get this guy on board here as he boasts tops made in America, with American material, by Americans. Also he's incorporated a stiffener into the tops that prevents flapping. You can see his quality tops on the other forum and his website so if someone in Vegas reads this, and could spare some time, PM me and I'll forward you the contact info.

Thanks

Z Monster

Legacy Registered User
City
Faifax Station
State
VA
I have emailed him as well about a custom top, but being in Northern VA, really doesn't work for measurements either. I am interested in a full lenght Bikini/Safari top for summer.

I am with you surfjeepzx, anyone close to vegas that can help us out??

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
I had an idea yesterday. I bought the newer style w/s channel that's 2 pieces and curves over the ends of the w/s frame, therefore it doesn't require the bikini snaps. I also have my original w/s channel which is just one straight piece that doesn't curve off the ends of the w/s frame. I did some quick measuring and I think it may be possible to use 2 standard bikinis to form the safari style top. If I installed the straight bracket across the top of the roll bar with some minor modifications, it may be possible to add the second bikini behind the first with the addition of a rear hoop. A quick measurement showed the distance between w/s frame to roll bar, and roll bar to rear of Jeep to be about equal.

Currently my Jeep rear end is out while I re-gear but when I get her back on all fours I'm going to work on this idea more. Essentially a two piece bikini!

Last edited:

Chipster1990

Back in the game!!
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Birmingham
State
AL
I'd definitely be interested in a full length bikini top. I really like the one Gueon has.