Any of you NOVA guys remember this place?

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
W-S
State
NC
Been there a really long time ago. Searched them up and they went out of business in 2000! I can confidently say that they had the coldest beer I've ever had the pleasure of drinking. I'm sure Leesburg has changes in the last 20 years too.

IMG_0468.jpg

IAFFCJ

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Manassas
State
VA
I think the ownership may have changed but Paynes is still there. I think it is officially called the Downtown Saloon now but still lovingly known as Paynes. and the neon sign with "better off here than across the street" is still lit up every day.

Ill grab a photo next time I drive by on my way to work.

And yes Leesburg has changed in the last 20 years, heck in the last 5 it has become almost unrecognizable.

SO MUCH NEW CONSTRUCTION

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
We lived right across the Potomac in MD from 98-02 and in just that span it was insane what happened to that area. I went through there via White's Ferry every time I flew out of Dulles and we'd go over to shop and eat every now and again.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Small world. We lived in Broadlands VA from 07-13. We really liked Leesburg, but I've never heard of that place.

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
W-S
State
NC
It was everything that todays microbrew pub aren't. Canned beer out of a freezing cold cooler and a 6 oz glass to drink it out of. I can remember throwing back PBR's before the hipsters thought they were cool to drink.