• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Any reason why this roof rack wouldn't work?

rispony

Scramblin' in the City
Lifetime Member
City
Manhattan
State
NY
I saw this Kargo Master Congo Cage on Qtec for a CJ7 at a good price and was thinking it would be great for the 8. It's a no drill application and is rated up to 500 pounds which is more than enough for what I had in mind. Plus, it has the two humps to clear my bestop supertop and one day, even my postal top. After reading the installation instructions, I think it would be super simple to fit it on the scrambler, all that would be needed are two 24" long tubes that would extend the bars back to the rear hoop. My only concern is that it would comprise the weight rating of the rack. Has anyone seen this done or have any advice, I think i'm going to take the plunge on it...

5030-1-Kargo-Master-Congo-Cage-CJ-YJ-1.JPG

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12138_001_07.htm

Last edited:

DirtyB

Crazy Cajun
Lifetime Member
City
Port Allen
State
LA
Extending it will for sure compromise the load rating. If you are going through all that trouble to modify, why not build your own?

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
16343add2lg-1.jpg

"Unique rear mount brackets use existing tail light holes. Additional drilling required."

I'm with dirty - for that price you could have someone build you one, all it would take is a little planning :cheers:

rispony

Scramblin' in the City
Lifetime Member
City
Manhattan
State
NY
16343add2lg-1.jpg

"Unique rear mount brackets use existing tail light holes. Additional drilling required."

I'm with dirty - for that price you could have someone build you one, all it would take is a little planning :cheers:

Just read the fine print in the directions. An additional hole can be drilled in the rear bracket for added strength...

The issue is, all the people in the tri-state area charge an arm and a leg for anything. When I was considering a custom rollcage and did my reaserch, the best quote I could find was $3,000.00.....insane.

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
I don't know what you were going to carry but if it was from front to back (like a canoe) the front and rear poles are two low, it would hit you're center bow of the top. It would only be good for placing the cargo from left to right on the rear half and one on the front half.