• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Any Vintage Tractor Aficionados Here?

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I really like the 36 more. Those rear spoke wheels are awesome!

Was hoping you were coming up through Central Oregon to get it…could have killed 2 birds with one stone!

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
I really like the 36 more. Those rear spoke wheels are awesome!

Was hoping you were coming up through Central Oregon to get it…could have killed 2 birds with one stone!
I really thought about picking it up myself, but I just can't make time right now. 😕

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I really thought about picking it up myself, but I just can't make time right now. 😕
Maybe ask your transport guy if he’s coming through Redmond before picking up the tractor. I’ve got the seat and goodies in a box- not really suitable for shipping but good enough for a ride.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Tractors yes, but not really antique. My oldest is a 30 year old 870 Deere. My son has a Ford 5000 from the mid ’70’s that still gets put to work. I’ve got a couple of much newer JD tractors too.

Ron84cj

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
Nice! Let's see that Cub Cadet! 😀

I know it doesn't seem like much to anyone. But I sure have a lot of memories with this thing. As I mentioned earlier this was the tractor that plowed/tilled my Grandmas huge garden. She grew most of her own vegetables for the family, I would help her out there when I was little. She was an amazing cook. Once in a while if we were lucky we would catch a snapper turtle and she'd make turtle soup. Yum yum yum. This tractor got worked HARD and it NEVER quit.

IMG_20211101_090355.jpg

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
1958 Oliver 550 is what we use on our property. It's so nice to use and work on something so basic!

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Picked up a International 1026 in decent shape this week. Hadn't been outside in probably 20 years. Need a steering wheel and exhaust stack. Also has a matching "hay trailer" I guess it would be called. Didn't cost anything as I helped the former owner with building clean out. Will move under it own power on a downgrade. Picture to follow

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
Well it finally got here... but it doesn't run! It was advertised as running, but apparently this is a "running when parked" situation. :banghead:

So, we just pushed it into my parking lot to start with.

JDBO.pngJohn Deere - 3.jpeg

After some examination, I decided I won't be able to get it running today, so I called my friend Todd (the guy who got my ratty CJ6), and he brought over a short bus full of muscle. :LOL:

John Deere - 5.jpegJohn Deere - 6.jpegJohn Deere - 10.jpeg

Todd got the driver's seat, because he's small and light.

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
We got lucky, and there was a nice break in traffic while we pushed and pulled, and got lined up with the front door.

John Deere - 15.jpegJohn Deere - 19.jpegJohn Deere - 22.jpegJohn Deere - 26.jpegJohn Deere - 32.jpeg

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
We got it rolled in to place, and admired our handiwork. :D

John Deere - 51.jpegJohn Deere - 54.jpegJohn Deere - 55.jpegJohn Deere - 56.jpegJohn Deere - 58.jpeg

Now I've got some cleaning to do... and an oil change... and a radiator flush... and a carb rebuild... and a mag rebuild... and... and... and.... :thumbsup: