• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Anyone is Seattle? Buying my dream car sight unseen...

rispony

Scramblin' in the City
Lifetime Member
City
Manhattan
State
NY
I've been looking for this car for 2.5 years and one finally came up in Puyallup, Wa. which is like 30 mins south of Seattle. I live in Manhattan, NY. I've already spoken extensively to the seller who seems like a very nice gentleman and now that we've agreed on a price, however my only way to pay him would be through a cashiers check. He is a member of a local bank there, Key Bank, so I can't do a direct deposit from a branch here in Manhattan and he does not have a Paypal account. I really don't want to get burned, but I also do not want to lose the opportunity to own this car. Supposedly only a couple hundred were made, but even finding out the information on that is close to impossible. If anyone is in that area and would like to help a fellow Scrambler brother out, please PM me and I can work something out with you. I would appreciate it more than any words can express.

Brando.

rustycrawler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Reston
State
VA
Sight unseen deposit to a bank account sounds like a bad idea to me....but perhaps it's all that time I spent living in NY that makes me think this way.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Car? ;)

Sometimes u gotta go with your gut, feel the guy out. And then back up that feeling with pictures of all vin plates, his drivers license, and the title front and back, etc. make sure it all matches. If he is scamming you chances are he won't do all of that. just take enough steps to feel protected and I think you'll be ok. Ive had to send full payments several times this way and sometimes just gotta take a chance ! Especially if a really good deal or you really want it ---> before a local guy walks up with cash! :eek:

onesourcemike

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC
Try PM'ing Screen Name "Boomer" it looks like he is located in Snohomish, WA which is 30 miles north of Seattle or I would try "keman" who appears to be a member and is located in Auburn, WA which appears to be 25 miles south of Seattle. Just a thought. I have no idea who these people are but it looks like they both have been on the forum last week. Good luck! :popcorn:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Boomer hasn't been on here in years. Curious what he's been up to. I think he sold his Scrambler IIRC.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
If its not a jeep I hope atleast it's a truck. What's with all this car talk ? ;)

rustycrawler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Reston
State
VA
Four wheel drive Corvette?

1966_Corvette_4x4_Trar_big_1-1.jpg

MN-Paul

Legacy Registered User
City
Medina
State
MN
You guys are all wrong. AMC Eagle. with a factory 304. CJ springs and 31's. It was used for a concept car. for the Autoramma.

Scramblur

Legacy Registered User
City
Canyon
State
Tx
So JJ are you saying you would turn down a super clean Gremlin X if some one offered you a deal on it?;) Okay how bout an AMX?:smokin:

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
So JJ are you saying you would turn down a super clean Gremlin X if some one offered you a deal on it?;) Okay how bout an AMX?:smokin:

Haha. Well AMC cars maybe but I guess if I was gonna go AMC id get like a matador 4 door ex cop car or something. Like the early dukes of hazzard cop cars. ;)