As my wife calls it “ The Metal Mistress”

Jimbond24

Basic User
City
Elmira
State
NY
My family needed a larger vehicle as my 79 cj7 was just too small. I’ve been trying to get a CJ8 for many years and have saved one from the scrap yard, kind of. The only things useable were the vin tags and title. I decided on a aquala tub and throttle down kustoms frame. My father in laws 99 Dodge truck is also headed to scrap with only 89k miles on it due to a rotted frame. I have already made adapters and wiring harnesses for a similar setup on my cj7 for a mopar magnum v8 from a 95 grand Cherokee years ago. I will tear the 79 apart and use all my upgrades from her and then some. We just happened to be working on a forklift at work and decided to use it to. My father in law wanted a trailer to use on his property so I made one out of dodge in trade for the new drivetrain.

Attachments

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Nice project. Your Cj7 looks nice too. Was that picture taken at the Pa Jeep Show in York, Pa?

Jimbond24

Basic User
City
Elmira
State
NY
Yes it was at York PA, that picture was when the CJ7 was at its best. It was starting to get a little rough but certainly fixable. Decided to go for the CJ8

Jimbond24

Basic User
City
Elmira
State
NY
Frame and body. Made The stainless lines. Had my brother weld the aluminum wedges for the hood hinges.

Attachments

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Looks great. Love the Aqualu / TDK combo. (y)
I like that you're using a factory tailgate. It's too bad Aqualu can't stamp 'jeep' into the cowl side panels like the factory.

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
The "Metal Mistress" I may have to steal that name for my CJ 6, I like that.

Jimbond24

Basic User
City
Elmira
State
NY
Digital gauge set from eBay. The cage is a kit with a combination of using some wrangler roll bars I had. Using all stainless hardware and black powder coated stainless parts such as hinges, mirrors, ect.

Attachments