axle swap and coil springs...

chef717

Basic User
City
clearwater
State
fl
i've been wanting to go to coil springs for a long time and finaly pulled the trigger. before we started i did a lot of digging around and could not find a lot of info on doing coil springs on a scrambler. we busted out the majority of this build in 14 days. heres what we got done.... 4 link wishbone rear, 3 link front, 9" rear, 44 front, hydro assist, aluminum radiator, electric fan, flat belly skid etc... i have a few issues to deal with but it turned out pretty sweet. if there's any interest from you guys i'll post it up here.

chef717

Basic User
City
clearwater
State
fl
well alrighty then... i had been assembling parts for a while. i bought the axles about 6 or 7 months ago. i'm real happy with the 9 ". we put a currie disc conversion on it , trussed it and yolk guard. 4.87 w/ a detroit. i have a chevy 44 with dodge outers {5 on5.5 ) that i have ALWAYS been second guessing. 4.88 w/ spartan. i think i really should have done a high pinion something. but it turned out pretty sweet.

i bought a ton of ballistic parts

i looked around for a while and decided that i liked the ballistic spring bucket ,shock and link mount combo brackets. it seemed like they would make life a little easier and they did...

oops ! running late for the chef thing...

Last edited:

unscrambled

Legacy Registered User
City
melbourne shores
State
FL
It has been awhile since this was posted.
Nice set up!
I'm going in the same direction.
What were your rear link lengths upper and lower and your front lower links / panhard bar lengths?
Also where did you get that awesome assortment of parts?
Thanks