• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

B-d sale on tops

kryptoniteCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
Tx
Hey found this b-dco.com. I thought I should share. I'm thinking I may have to return my new bestop and get one of these.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335394492092.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335394492092.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 468

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
May have to order one of those!!!

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

timo439

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Portsmouth
State
NH
What's the advantage over the bestop? What would justify paying $600 more? I have a bestop now and while not perfect, it's functional.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
None really - for the full tops, other than they come in any color/texture combination B-D offers. Bestop comes in any color you want, as long as it's black. (that's not entirely true, but close)

For the half soft tops and tonneaus, there's no other company out there making them, and I like they way they look a lot better than a full soft top at least.

Cape8

Trail Guide
City
Cape Cod
State
MA
Sweet. I was a tad upset when I could no longer get a soft half cab.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
What's the advantage over the bestop? What would justify paying $600 more? I have a bestop now and while not perfect, it's functional.

I've heard that Bestop has a lot of fitment problems (ask BigWalton), however, if you already have one then I assume yours is working ok. B-D is using the old STC Tops design and my understanding is that it is a superior design. Of course this is only what I've heard as I have no first-hand knowledge of either top.

poseidon4472

Legacy Registered User
City
Fort Irwin
State
CA
Just received a B-D full soft top and I have had it installed for the past two weeks. A huge improvement to previous top that I had. If you are looking for a soft top on a track because you think you do not want to drill holes in your Scram, this may not be a viable option as I found out. I ended up drilling 46 new holes in the tub to secure the rails for the top. The parts were very well packaged and marked, but some of the rail fabrication was off causing me to have to re-drill a few holes in mounting rails. The directions tell you to begin install of rails from front to back, as the tailgate and tub are the only things I would not be able to adjust, I mounted from rear to front to allow any adjustment that needed to be made with the windshield. The canvas is second to none that I have used. I ended up getting sailcloth, the top fit perfectly and has stayed tight. Heavy duty velcro and zippers keep everything very tight even when cruising at 55+ mph. So far very happy with the top.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
That is a great review! If I was in the market for a new top I would be looking real hard at B-D.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Just received a B-D full soft top and I have had it installed for the past two weeks. A huge improvement to previous top that I had. If you are looking for a soft top on a track because you think you do not want to drill holes in your Scram, this may not be a viable option as I found out. I ended up drilling 46 new holes in the tub to secure the rails for the top. The parts were very well packaged and marked, but some of the rail fabrication was off causing me to have to re-drill a few holes in mounting rails. The directions tell you to begin install of rails from front to back, as the tailgate and tub are the only things I would not be able to adjust, I mounted from rear to front to allow any adjustment that needed to be made with the windshield. The canvas is second to none that I have used. I ended up getting sailcloth, the top fit perfectly and has stayed tight. Heavy duty velcro and zippers keep everything very tight even when cruising at 55+ mph. So far very happy with the top.

:needpic:

poseidon4472

Legacy Registered User
City
Fort Irwin
State
CA
B-D Pics

Here are a few pictures, I tried to take some pictures of the 5/16 X 3/4" bolts that were use to secure the rail and corner plate. I recommend installing the top when it is warm to allow a little play and while the top is new use the deepest set of holes in the bow release to allow about an inch of play on the side panels when trying to install for the first time. Unfortunately, the windshield retainer provided by Bestop is too narrow and you will have to use the one provided in the kit.

B-D Top.jpg

S Elliott

Scrambler Rookie
Lifetime Member
City
Houston
State
Tx
Your review answered most of my questions. I keep hearing horror stories with other manufacturers and wanted another option. Thanks for sending

poseidon4472

Legacy Registered User
City
Fort Irwin
State
CA
It is pretty noisy, not as noisy as the bikini top that I run around in during the summer. You will have to speak up to have a conversation with the person sitting next to you. Although, even in an Acme full hard top it is pretty noisy inside a Scrambler. I can say that the sailcloth does cut down a lot of the noise associated with normal vinyls.