BedRug kit for Scrambler cab

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Moab
State
UT
So the Scrambler still had it's original carpeting. It was in great shape except for a hole on the driver's side. It's strange, though, that the factory merely cut rough holes for the shifters and simply placed the carpet loosely over the boots. Easier to remove, I guess. But the modular nature of the BedRug kit makes it easy to remove all but the piece over the center hump...yet even that piece can be un-velcroed and lifted to dry or clean underneath if necessary.

BedRug makes a CJ-7 kit that I figured might work for the 8. I've used BedRugs in all of my truck beds and have been totally happy with the kits and material. I installed it in the Scrambler cab yesterday and REALLY like it. The kit required a few small modifications, but overall, the installation was simple. The main modification I had to make was to trim the kit so it would fit around my custom speaker boxes. The BedRug material is a lot thicker and more plush than the thin OEM carpet.

The BedRug CJ-7 Front Kit covers the entire floor in the Scrambler, including under and behind the seats. The hardest part was re-locating the holes to re-install the shift boots on top of the new carpet. I used a safety pin for that task.

I did discover some minor rust under the original carpet. I wire-brushed it and treated it with the same PlastiKote Rust Converter that I used on the inside of the now beautiful, gleaming white rear bumper.

So if anyone has been wondering if the CJ-7 BedRug kit fits the 8, it does.

Last edited:

TravelnMan

Legacy Registered User
City
Granby
State
CT
That looks really nice - thanks for posting. I'm interested to know if there is a noticeable difference in heat inside the cab area.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
That looks great! Wondering too on heat and noise reduction. Thanks for posting this up!

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Moab
State
UT
It will probably be a couple of weeks before I drive the Scrambler again, but I assume it will cut down somewhat on the noise, especially since it covers the entire cab floor. The BedRug is MUCH thicker than the OEM carpet and it has a 1/4" polypropylene backing. The kit also comes with 3 large pieces of adhesive heat shield, one for the transmission tunnel and one each for the driver and passenger footwells. As I mentioned, I've had BedRugs in my trucks for many years. The material is incredibly tough, waterproof, mold and mildew resistant, and extremely easy to clean. I had to trim some around the seat brackets, but not much. I also trimmed under the accelerator pedal and where the rod for the clutch goes through the firewall. The only things that had to be removed were the shifter boots and the center console. The kit would cover the entire area under the console (in case there is no console), but I trimmed some of that part off. I paid $195 for it on Amazon. I'm tempted to get the tailgate rug that they manufacture also.