Bestop 1/2 upper door question

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
Guys, I have a set of steel 1/2 lower YJ doors and a Bestop Supertop. I want a soft upper that will fit these doors and the soft top. Bestop seems to have two options. A 1/2 soft upper that is made for a YJ steel lower and will fit the curve of the Bestop Supertop soft top. They also have a two piece soft upper and lower door set as well.

I want to know if the soft uppers from this two piece set will fit the YJ steel lowers that I have? Anybody know?

Thanks in advance!:thumbsup:

Kiko

Base Coat 1H
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Cincinnati
State
Oh
My guess...and this is absolutely a guess...is that they would fit. From the looks of it on the website, the shape of the upper for both the steel door and the bottom soft door is the same. I would guess that from a manufacturing perspective it would be in their best interest to only have to produce one model for the upper.

You could always call them. :)

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I would guess that from a manufacturing perspective it would be in their best interest to only have to produce one model for the upper.
From my experience with Bestop, this is WAY too much to assume from them. I have had 3 sets (6 doors total) of upper and lowers that were all MADE to be MATCHED SETS and not one upper/lower combo actually fit together properly.

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I have both of the items that you are talking about. The uppers from the 2-piece soft doors WILL NOT fit on the YJ half doors. The posts on the soft door set uppers are straight down. While the three posts for the ones made to fit the hard YJ lower have a bend in them to allow for the thickness of the metal doors. I would take pics to show you, but my CJ is currently in the hospital getting a heart transplant.

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
Thanks guys.
I ended up going with just the soft uppers to fit my hard YJ lowers.
They'll be in Missouri next week if you want to see them. :bacon: