Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
Hey guys, I bought a brand new Bestop top, 54608-15, and after getting all of the hardware installed I went to put the top on and it seems really really short. Yes, it is 47 degrees out, but I JUST took it out of the 72 degree house and put in place in literally 5 minutes.

I measured my old K-line top and it is 87 inches from front edge to the back edge where the rear bow fits.
The best top is 81 inches from the front edge to the rear edge where the bow fits.

Here is a photo. Can you tell me the length of your top and did you experience this same sort of thing???

Attachments

CJ7Pilot

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
Well, the bestop does look like it's supposed to angle back quite a bit. Maybe the k-line was more square in back.

The catalog photo doesn't look much different than your photo:

bestop.jpg

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
I’m not a home where I can measure...I can attest that it is nearly impossible to put on when it’s cold in the garage.... I’ve even tried to open the garage to the house and let them equalize; to no avail....

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
Darn, maybe I can put a heater in the bed and a tarp over it and see if I can heat it up. I don't have a garage to use. Ugh. Thank you for your feedback, it really does help.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Ideally warm the whole top if possible. If still a little tight, use a hair dryer on the area you are tightening. Just don't melt the top by staying in one place too long.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Hey guys, I bought a brand new Bestop top, 54608-15, and after getting all of the hardware installed I went to put the top on and it seems really really short. Yes, it is 47 degrees out, but I JUST took it out of the 72 degree house and put in place in literally 5 minutes.

I measured my old K-line top and it is 87 inches from front edge to the back edge where the rear bow fits.
The best top is 81 inches from the front edge to the rear edge where the bow fits.

Here is a photo. Can you tell me the length of your top and did you experience this same sort of thing???
As stated, temperature is an issue.
Also, you may want to confirm the angle of your windshield if you haven't already.
top.PNG

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI

Looks right to me. I do like the idea of setting a space heater in the bed for a while to help. Now, I just need a space heater. 🤪 I think that would definitely help up here in MI.