Bestop Supertop Pricing Question

ddavis

SOA Member
City
State
KS
I just received an e-mail advertising the Scrambler Bestop Supertop at $610 after mail in rebate. This looks like a really good price to me, but I haven't really been monitoring the price of soft tops. Is this a jump on it deal, or one that comes along fairly often?

Last edited:

ddavis

SOA Member
City
State
KS
Wow, I guess from searching around on the site, maybe I should be asking about the quality of the tops as well. It seems that there are several people on here who have had issues with quality and customer service from Bestop. What kind of issues are common to these tops?

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Bestop shipped all production to Mexico. One of the MANY calls to their customer service people, where I was politely describing the latest manufacturing problem with their latest replacement shipment was "That doesn't surprise me" or something very similar to that.

My two piece doors don't go together without a hammer or come apart without a crowbar. They sent three sets of doors and I tried to mix and match to get them to work, no dice. One set of doors had two right-hand side door handles.

Last 6" of the zipper on my left side window on the top won't close, the zipper in the top piece is screwed, I just gave up on them and quit trying.

I'm done with Bestop, problem is that the alternate options are exceedingly limited. Finding a NOS top from before the Mexico move would be the ideal, though difficult and pricey, solution.